This is to notify the general public that the Yobe State Governor Mai Mala Buni has approved and concluded plans for the full sponsorship of 233 Yobe youths for various undergraduate paramedic courses in India.
The government reportedly invests over 400m in the beneficiaries, mostly from poor homes.
About the Beneficiaries
The beneficiaries met with the governor, who was represented by the deputy governor, Idi Barde Gubana, during a farewell address at the government house banquet hall, Damaturu.
They were selected from 6,785 applicants across the 17 local government areas of the state by a committee set up by the Yobe State Government after a thorough screening exercise.
Gubana explained that the students are mainly to study engineering, pharmacy, and other paramedical courses to fill the gaps in this field after the successful completion of their studies.
He further urged them to be good ambassadors and ensure they stay clear of drugs and other illicit acts that will tarnish the image and reputation of the state and country.
The Executive Secretary Yobe State Scholarships Board, Dr Abubakar Kagu, urged the beneficiaries to make good use of the opportunity, recalling how he was once a scholar pursuing payments for his PhD tuition in the UK.
- Danish State Tuition Fee Waivers and Scholarships
- International Scholarship Opportunities For African Students
- NNPC/ Belemaoil Joint Venture Scholarship Award
- Johns Hopkins University Clark Scholarship in the United States
- Marian University International Scholarships
- Ongoing Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Brandeis University Scholarships
- Ellen Nilsen Memorial Graduate Scholarship
- Maynooth University Sports Scholarship
- Julius Berger Nigeria Scholarship Scheme
The Yobe State has provided an opportunity for indigenous students to get quality education.
We applaud the Yobe State Scholarships Board for this step in increasing the quality of education for the people of the state and nation. Kindly share this article with your friends. Cheers.