Students from Africa, Asia, and Latin America who have chosen to study in Austria on their initiative are eligible for a partial scholarship through the AAI One World Scholarship Program.
The study and investigation of potential recipients must centre on issues relating to development.
Social justice, global migrations, gender equality, combating corruption, reducing poverty, preventing and resolving conflicts, renewable energies, sustainable tourism, urbanisation, health, human rights, democratisation, intercultural dialogue, good governance, food security, international relations, and environmental protection are possible areas of specialisation.
The topics on this list ought to give candidates some ideas. However, it is not exclusive.
About Afro-Asiatisches Institut Salzburg (AAI)
A non-profit institution with strong ties to the University of Salzburg is the Afro-Asian Institute Salzburg (AAI). Both the government and the Catholic Church support its funding.
The AAI seeks to facilitate cross-cultural interactions, advance interfaith discourse, and offer educational services on development policy. The AAI serves as a gathering space for people of all cultures and faiths.
AAI One World Postgraduate Scholarship
- Organisation: Afro-Asiatisches Institut Salzburg (AAI)
- Country to study: Australia
- Application Deadline: July 31, 2024
- Type: Postgraduate
- Gender: Male and Female
- Course to study: Not specified
Benefits of AAI One World Postgraduate Scholarship
No scholarships are awarded for:
- Private university studies
- programmes leading to a postgraduate degree or other non-degree certificate programmes
- applicants whose title of residence is something other than “student”
- students in non-degree programmes
- Visits that are brief and exchange programmes
Requirements for AAI One World Postgraduate Scholarship Qualification
- Citizenship of a non-European developing nation (country list)
- Acceptance into a Master’s or PhD programme in a college or university of applied sciences in Salzburg or Tyrol (MCI, Uni Salzburg, Uni Innsbruck, FH Kufstein, FH Salzburg).
- Disposition approved for PhD candidates
- Age restrictions: At the time of application, moms must be at least 35 years old for master’s programmes and 40 years old for PhD programmes.
- Student Residence permit
For those thoughtful young people who live in underdeveloped nations, the scholarship will help them exercise their right to an education. Women are still more heavily affected by these factors.
Female applicants will be given preference over those with equal qualifications.
- Danish State Tuition Fee Waivers and Scholarships
- International Scholarship Opportunities For African Students
- NNPC/ Belemaoil Joint Venture Scholarship Award
- Johns Hopkins University Clark Scholarship in the United States
- Marian University International Scholarships
- Ongoing Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Brandeis University Scholarships
- Ellen Nilsen Memorial Graduate Scholarship
- Maynooth University Sports Scholarship
- Julius Berger Nigeria Scholarship Scheme
- Financial need: savings, own income, the income of parents, professionals, and other means of support IN order to select students who would hardly be able to finish their studies without financial support successfully.
- A transcript of the current and previous research records serves as evidence of satisfactory study progress. Students who have already finished at least one semester at an Austrian institution have a substantial advantage in programmes without entrance tests.
- Interest in development and academic specialisation: Applicants for awards should have a keen interest in issues relating to the development, which should be demonstrated in their prior job history, extracurricular involvement, academic specialisation, etc.
Documents Required for Application
- Letter of motivation
- Curriculum vitae
- If not already in Austria, a residence permit (or at least a visa)
- Admissions documentation and enrollment confirmation
- Statement of the account for the last three months
- Exams are taken, and the outcomes of recent research are reported.
For Master students
- Bachelor’s diploma and translation (if in a language other than Spanish, French, or English)
- Abstract of Bachelor thesis
For PhD students
- Master’s diploma and translation (if in a language other than Spanish, French, or English)
- Abstract of Master thesis
- Opinion of the academic supervisor
- An elaborate description of their research project and its contribution to the development of practice or discourse
July 31, 2024
We believe this article has been of great help to you in your research. Please leave a comment, complaint, or recommendation in the comment section. We will make sure to reply as soon as possible.