Women who are not citizens or permanent residents of the United States can apply for international fellowships from the American Association of University Women to pursue full-time study or research there.
At accredited institutions, graduate and postgraduate studies are supported.
- Number of Awards: Not specified
- Fields of Study: Postgraduate and graduate at accredited U.S. Universities
- Target group: women who are not citizens or permanent residents of the United States. Women who have already demonstrated a dedication to promoting women and girls through civic, professional or communal work are given preference.
- Host University: Accredited U.S. Universities
- Doctorate Fellowship: $20,000
- Postdoctoral Fellowship: $30,000
- Master’s/Professional Fellowship: $18,000
- Danish State Tuition Fee Waivers and Scholarships
- International Scholarship Opportunities For African Students
- NNPC/ Belemaoil Joint Venture Scholarship Award
- Johns Hopkins University Clark Scholarship in the United States
- Marian University International Scholarships
- Ongoing Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Brandeis University Scholarships
- Ellen Nilsen Memorial Graduate Scholarship
- Maynooth University Sports Scholarship
- Julius Berger Nigeria Scholarship Scheme
Eligibility for the AAUW International Fellowships
The following requirements must be met by applicants to be eligible for an international fellowship:
- Possess a nonimmigrant visa if residing in the U.S. or have citizenship in a nation other than the U.S. Women who presently have the status of a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or dual citizen of the U.S. and another nation or anticipate doing so during the fellowship year are ineligible.
- Have achieved an academic degree (in tU.S. U.S. or overseas) equal U.S. bachelor’s degree by November 15 of the current year.
- During the fellowship year, she must intend to give the suggested academic plan her full attention.
- Intends to go back to her native nation to pursue a job there.
- Possess a valid ETS TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score or other recognised proof of English language ability.
- By November 15 of the application year, postdoctoral candidates must provide documentation of their doctoral degree, hold a doctorate that meets the criteria for a research degree, and specify the location of their research project.
- Doctoral and master’s applicants must be enrolled during the fellowship year in a U.S.-accredited institution located in the U.S.
The application period has ended.
Applications and associated documentation submissions are made online. The 15 November 2022 deadline for applications is for AY 2024/2025.
The official website (link below) should be visited to access the online application and for thorough, up-to-date information about this fellowship.
We believe this article has been of great help to you in your research. Please leave a comment, complaint, or recommendation in the comment section. We will make sure to reply as soon as possible.