More than 800 college students studying art and design have received over $1.3 million in awards since the program’s founding in 1995.
Our main goals are to promote social and environmental responsibility in today’s artists, designers, studios, and businesses and expand diversity in the creative industries.
Scholarship candidates are chosen based on their talent, financial need, job history, and dedication to supporting the community.
To be eligible for AIGA Worldstudio Scholarships, students must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0.
Applicants pursuing undergraduate or graduate degrees in graphic design, illustration, or photography can apply for the scholarship.
However, the scholarship only supports students in other creative fields such as industrial design, interior design, film, architecture, landscape design, theatre design, fashion design, costume design, or fine art.
It’s important to remember that selection is based on how your work measures up against other students in your specific graphic design category, illustration or photography.
You may proceed with the application if your major/study area can be considered within one of these three categories.
Applicants must be U.S. citizens to be eligible for a Green Card, also known as a Permanent Resident Card or Form I-551.
Additionally, they must be enrolled or plan to enrol in a U.S. college or university accredited for the upcoming Fall or Spring academic year.
They must maintain full-time status for the entire year.
Scholarships range in value from $2,000 to $3,000. At the jury’s discretion, one or two top awards in the $5,000 may be presented.
Also given out are honourable mention prizes worth $500. The money from each scholarship is given directly to the recipient’s school for tuition.
Additionally, winners receive a one-year membership to AIGA.
- Danish State Tuition Fee Waivers and Scholarships
- International Scholarship Opportunities For African Students
- NNPC/ Belemaoil Joint Venture Scholarship Award
- Johns Hopkins University Clark Scholarship in the United States
- Marian University International Scholarships
- Ongoing Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Brandeis University Scholarships
- Ellen Nilsen Memorial Graduate Scholarship
- Maynooth University Sports Scholarship
- Julius Berger Nigeria Scholarship Scheme
The screening and selection process focuses mostly on skill and financial needs. Additionally, applicants must supply the following:
• Complete financial aid information with verification from the school’s financial aid officer. Prepare right away! Free Application for Federal Student Aid FAFSA
• An official transcript with the most recent GPA from a college or high school you attended.
• To demonstrate talent and a desire to give back to the community, you must submit a written statement of purpose and a portfolio of work samples.
• Two letters of recommendation from professors, employers, counsellors, etc., who know the candidate and their work.
• Diversity is a crucial consideration in jury choices, even if it is not required. Race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, ability, age, and other variables (such as military service) that influence people’s lives are all taken into account by AIGA.
Getting a scholarship is one of the best things to happen to anyone seeking to study in the UK.
You get to save more money than taking student loans or spending your earning money on tuition.
This is The aim of the article to bring you different scholarships you can consider applying for.
I hope this helps. Check our blog for more updates.