Excellent high school seniors and minors seniors from low-income families are eligible for The Gates Prize (TGS), a highly selective, last-dollar prize.
The Bill Gates Scholarship Program is given out annually to outstanding student leaders with the goal of assisting them in reaching their full potential.
About The Gate Scholarship
Beginning in 2018, the Gates Scholarship will support 300 students annually, funding 3,000 students in total over the course of the programme.
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation continues its long-standing commitment to assisting exceptional minority students from low-income households to reach their full potential with the introduction of this programme in 2017.
A last-dollar scholarship can help high-potential, low-income minority students succeed in their studies, as demonstrated by research supporting this prestigious scholarship programme.
Bill Gates Scholarship Program
- Course to study: Not specified
- Institution: The Gate Scholarship
- Country to study: United States
- Type: Undergraduate
- Gender: Male and Female
- Danish State Tuition Fee Waivers and Scholarships
- International Scholarship Opportunities For African Students
- NNPC/ Belemaoil Joint Venture Scholarship Award
- Johns Hopkins University Clark Scholarship in the United States
- Marian University International Scholarships
- Ongoing Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Brandeis University Scholarships
- Ellen Nilsen Memorial Graduate Scholarship
- Maynooth University Sports Scholarship
- Julius Berger Nigeria Scholarship Scheme
Aim and Benefits of the Bill Gates Scholarship Program
- The Free Application for Federal Student Help or the method utilised by a Scholar’s institution or university will be used to establish the complete cost of attendance
- The price of participation includes lodging, meals, fees, tuition, books, transportation, and possibly other personal expenses.
Criteria For Bill Gates Scholarship Program Qualification
To apply, students must be:
- A senior in high school
- At least one of the following racial or ethnic groups: African-American, Asian & Pacific Islander, American Indian/Alaska Native, and/or Hispanic Americans
- A national or permanent resident of the US
- Having a minimum cumulative weighted GPA of 3.3 on a scale of 4.0 (or correspondent) and being in good academic standing
In addition, a student must intend to register full-time in a four-year degree programme at a private, public, or not-for-profit college or university authorised by the US.
Proof of tribal enrollment is necessary for American Indians and Alaska Natives.
Interview Date, Process, and Venue for Bill Gates Scholarship Program
An ideal candidate will have:
- A stellar high school academic record (top 10% of their graduating class);
- Demonstrated leadership potential, for example, by involvement in extracurricular, community service, or other activities.
- A remarkable capacity for personal success (e.g., emotional maturity, drive, perseverance, etc.)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to The Gate Scholarship to apply.
I hope this provides information on the Bill Gates Scholarship Program For Nigerian Undergraduates.
We wish you success and promise to update you with more information.
Continue to check back on our blog for more information.