The Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute (CHCI) Scholarships have been organized specially for Latino students who are in the United States.
These students should have a history of performing public services or volunteering in their communities and also desire to continue their civic services in the future.
The CHCI awards have no interest in GPA or any major academic requirements. This scholarship is mostly open to students who have displayed excellent leadership potential.
This scholarship was organized to encourage and appreciate volunteers. Therefore, you are encouraged to apply if you are Latino and engage in public service.
Purpose of CHCI Scholarship for Latino Students
The Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute scholarship 2021 is designed to give Latino students the vital financial support they need to boost their graduation rates from post-secondary education.
However, each scholarship grant is divided by the number of years necessary for graduation to assure scholarship recipients’ progress and promote the completion of the post-secondary education program.
As long as they uphold high and reliable academic standards, recipients of this Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute scholarship will continue to receive an annual payout.
The Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute Scholarships are meant to help Latino students with tuition, books, room and board, and other educational costs associated with attending college.
- Danish State Tuition Fee Waivers and Scholarships
- International Scholarship Opportunities For African Students
- NNPC/ Belemaoil Joint Venture Scholarship Award
- Johns Hopkins University Clark Scholarship in the United States
- Marian University International Scholarships
- Ongoing Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Brandeis University Scholarships
- Ellen Nilsen Memorial Graduate Scholarship
- Maynooth University Sports Scholarship
- Julius Berger Nigeria Scholarship Scheme
Level/Field of Study
Congressional Hispanic caucus institute scholarship awards are designed for pursuing associate, undergraduate, and graduate degree program in any of the course that is being offered by the university or college. So there are no specific courses.
The United States Government is sponsoring the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Scholarship.
Therefore it is mostly open to United States citizens, usually in need of financial assistance.
CHCI Scholarship covers the following:
- $5,000 to attend a graduate-level institution.
- $2,500 to attend a four-year academic institution.
- $1,000 to attend a two-year community college or A.A./A.S. degree-granting institution.
Scholarship awards are designed to cover tuition, room and board, textbooks, and other educational expenses associated with college enrollment.
- Congressional Office Internship Placement.
- Great Pay: $3,750 (Fall/Spring), $3,125 (Summer).
- Domestic round-trip transportation to Washington, DC.
- Housing (All Expenses Covered).
- Academic Credit.
- Leadership Training, Networking, and More.
CHCI Scholarship Requirements
- Participate in weekly leadership development classes and a one-week orientation.
- Work in a congressional office for a minimum of 32 hours each week.
- Participate in all Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute scholarship-sponsored activities.
- Complete community service hours.
- Comply with Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute scholarship 2019 policies regarding work performance and personal conduct.
Who is Eligible for CHCI Scholarship
The Eligibility Criteria needed for the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute Scholarship are as follows:
- Full-Time enrollment in a United States Department of Education accredited community college, four- Year University, or graduate/ professional program during the scholarship is needed.
- A well-demonstrated financial need.
- The applicant must be consistent and an active participant in public or community service activities.
- Good and strong writing skills.
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or have a legal permanent residence and also possess lawful evidence of employment authorization.
If selected as a finalist, individuals must confirm enrollment to participate in the program.
- Individuals that will graduate in May or June prior to the Summer session are NOT eligible but are eligible to participate in the Public Policy Fellowship Program.
- If they will be transferring to a different university for the Fall semester, community college graduates are eligible for the Summer session. In the event that they are chosen, students will have to present documentation of their Fall semester enrolment at a new school.
- The applicant must be a citizen of the United States, a lawful permanent resident, an asylee, or someone with legal authorization to work full-time for any employer within the United States without restriction at the time of application.
The number of CHCI Scholarship awards offered varies annually based on fund-raising. Last year, 127 awards were given (15 to community college students, 92 to undergraduate students, and 20 to graduate students).
How to Apply for CHCI Scholarship
To apply for the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute Scholarship, the CHCI scholarship applicant must apply online. Applications can be made through this link.
Note: All individuals are welcome to apply. However, it should be noted that preference will be given to individuals with financial needs.
Note that all applications are expected before the end of 2024
- Spring 2024: January 28 – April 19th, 2024 (12 weeks)
- Summer 2024: May 28 – August 2nd, 2024 (10 weeks)
- Fall 2024: August 26 – November 15th, 2024 (12 weeks)
The CHCI Scholarship for Latino Students is an opportunity for students of Hispanic origin to get quality education within an excellent environment.
We encourage you to promptly apply for this scholarship through the link in this article. Kindly share this article with your friends. Cheers.