The Ian Parry Scholarship for worldwide Photographers 2024 has commenced and is calling for applicants to apply.
Keep scrolling to learn everything there is to know about the Ian Parry Scholarship, as this article will provide you with all the important information.
About Ian Parry Scholarship
Ian Parry was a photojournalist who died in 1989 while working for The Sunday Times during the Romanian Revolution. He was only 24 years old.
Aidan Sullivan, a former photo editor, and Ian’s friends and family established the Ian Parry Scholarship to create something great from such a devastating event.
Every year, an international photographic competition is held for young photographers enrolled in a full-time photography program or under 24.
The scholarship exists to find and support the best young people striving to produce powerful, meaningful photojournalism in a ‘selfie-obsessed world.
Ian would be immensely proud of the long list of internationally known photographers who were helped at the start of their careers by the scholarship that bears his name.
- Danish State Tuition Fee Waivers and Scholarships
- International Scholarship Opportunities For African Students
- NNPC/ Belemaoil Joint Venture Scholarship Award
- Johns Hopkins University Clark Scholarship in the United States
- Marian University International Scholarships
- Ongoing Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Brandeis University Scholarships
- Ellen Nilsen Memorial Graduate Scholarship
- Maynooth University Sports Scholarship
- Julius Berger Nigeria Scholarship Scheme
Categories of Ian Parry Scholarship
This year, Ian Parry Scholarship is divided into two categories:
The Canon Award for Potential and the Tom Stoddart Award for Excellence.
The entry criteria for both are the same, and the judges will decide based on the individual merits of the entries. Entrants must submit a portfolio and a clear proposal of a project they would undertake if they won the scholarship.
Who Can Apply for Ian Parry Scholarship
- Open to photographers of any nationality;
- You must be 24 or younger or enrolled in a full-time recognized photographic course.
Both have the same entry criteria, and the judges will decide based on the individual merits of the entries.
Entrants must provide a portfolio and a detailed project plan if they get the scholarship.
Benefits of the Ian Parry Scholarship
- Each winner will receive $3,500 for their chosen project.
- Canon continues to support the Scholarship and loan equipment to the winners.
- Attend a portfolio review day with leading industry experts in London (COVID permitting).
- The Mentoring Programme provides the winner of The Canon Award for Potential with a year of personal mentoring.
- Both winners can participate in the Transmissions Programme at Visa Pour L’Image in Perpignan.
- World Press Photo automatically accepts the winner of the Achievement Award into its final list of nominees for the Joop Swart Masterclass in Amsterdam.
Ian Parry Scholarship Judging Criteria
The entry criteria for both are the same, and the judges will decide based on the individual merits of the entries.
Entrants must submit a portfolio and a clear proposal of a project they would undertake if they won the scholarship.
How to Apply for Ian Parry Scholarship
Your application should contain the following information:
- Your name, date of birth, permanent residence, personal email address, personal telephone number, and, if relevant, college, course title, and course tutor are all required.
- A portfolio of 12 photographs could be a photo essay or individual photographs.
- A project description tells us about the portfolio you supplied for this application and 12 expanded captions.
- A concise project proposal outlining what you would do if awarded the scholarship.
- As a Word document, create extended captions for each image.
- Please carefully follow the directions on our submission form.
Please ensure to subscribe to this page and share this page with your friends.
We will update this page as soon as there is more information concerning the Ian Parry Scholarship.
RealMina wishes you success in your endeavours!