Applications are now open for the Leiden University Excellence Scholarships (LExS).
The scholarships are meant for students who have proof of outstanding academic performance and apply for a full-time Master’s degree program at the University.
This does not, however, include LLM (non-advanced) and Master of Science (MSc) programs.
The Leiden Univeristy Excellence Scholarships (LexS) is open to outstanding non-EEA/non-EFTA students.
About the Leiden University Excellence Scholarships
Host Institution: Leiden University in The Netherlands.
Level/Field of study: All full-time courses under the Master’s programs at the University (except LLM (non-advanced) and MSc programs).
Number of Awards: This is dependent on the budget of each Faculty.
Eligibility Criteria for the Leiden University Excellence Scholarships
To be eligible, applicants should:
- Have been among the top 10% in the previous phase of their education, studying a course that is related to the course they are applying for. Graduates in his/her previous study program.
- Not possess an EEA/EFTA passport and be eligible for receiving study grants and loans under the Dutch system.
- This excludes students applying for the Advanced LLM programs or the MSc in International Relations and Diplomacy, for which there are no nationality restrictions.
- Danish State Tuition Fee Waivers and Scholarships
- International Scholarship Opportunities For African Students
- NNPC/ Belemaoil Joint Venture Scholarship Award
- Johns Hopkins University Clark Scholarship in the United States
- Marian University International Scholarships
- Ongoing Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Brandeis University Scholarships
- Ellen Nilsen Memorial Graduate Scholarship
- Maynooth University Sports Scholarship
- Julius Berger Nigeria Scholarship Scheme
Financial Benefits of the Leiden University Excellence Scholarships
The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship (LExS) program has three awards:
- Total tuition fee without covering the statutory tuition fee
- € 15.000 of the tuition fee
- € 10.000 of the tuition fee
Note that The scholarship is not a full scholarship. Therefore, non-EEA awardees must still submit proof of sufficient funds while applying for a visa/residence permit.
Applicants must apply online for admission to a Master’s program at Leiden University.
Included in the admission application, applicants should indicate their interest in applying for the LExS program under the scholarships section. A Statement of purpose should also be uploaded.
The deadline for applications is 1st February 2024 for programs beginning in September and 1st October 2024 for programs beginning in February.
The Leiden University Excellence Scholarships are an opportunity for graduate students to get quality exposure and Master’s education while building a global network.
We encourage you to promptly apply for this scholarship through the link in this article. Kindly share this article with your friends. Cheers.