The Romanian Government is currently offering Romanian Government Scholarships to foreign and international citizens to study for Undergraduate, MSc and Doctoral Degrees for the 2024/2025 academic year.
They offer their scholarships through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
About Romanian Government Scholarships
The scholarships are awarded for three levels of study:
The First Cycle (Licenta)
This program is intended for individuals who have completed high school or a pre-university equivalent program, as well as applicants who need to complete the Romanian equivalent of a partial course of study and continue their studies there.
According to the particular criteria of the chosen faculty, the entire cycle of university education lasts between three and six years and concludes with a final test (licenta);
The 2nd Cycle (Master)
This scheme is dedicated to graduates of university/postgraduate studies; it lasts between 1.5 and 2 years and is completed with a dissertation;
The 3rd Cycle (Doctorate)
This program is geared toward recent graduates of postsecondary institutions (master’s degrees); it lasts 3–4 years, depending on the faculty chosen and culminates in a doctoral thesis.
- Offered annually: Yes
- Duration of Scholarship: For the study period, subject to academic performance.
- Eligible Countries: Any non-EU country
- Country to be taken at Romanian Universities
- Type: Undergraduate, Masters and Doctoral degrees
- Number of Scholarships: 85 scholarships for postgraduate and undergraduate studies in Romania
- Danish State Tuition Fee Waivers and Scholarships
- International Scholarship Opportunities For African Students
- NNPC/ Belemaoil Joint Venture Scholarship Award
- Johns Hopkins University Clark Scholarship in the United States
- Marian University International Scholarships
- Ongoing Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Brandeis University Scholarships
- Ellen Nilsen Memorial Graduate Scholarship
- Maynooth University Sports Scholarship
- Julius Berger Nigeria Scholarship Scheme
Value of Romanian Government Scholarships
- Free-of-charge tuition
- Free housing (depending on availability, free housing will be provided in student residences following higher education rules and within the parameters of the funds made available for this purpose)
- Financial support – a monthly amount representing :
- The equivalent in Romanian currency of 65 EURO per month for undergraduate students (1st cycle),
- The equivalent in Romanian currency of 75 EURO per month for postgraduate students (master degrees and specialization) 2nd cycle.
- The equivalent in Romanian currency of 85 EURO per month for postgraduate students (doctor’s degree) 3rd cycle.
These grants do not pay for meals or local or international transportation. Any such additional costs must be supported privately by the candidates.
All nationals of non-EU nations may apply, regardless of where they currently reside. Priority is given to residents of non-EU nations with which Romania does not have mutually beneficial agreements in the fields of education and culture.
How to Apply for Romanian Government Scholarships
The candidates should apply directly to the diplomatic embassies of Romania accredited to the candidate’s nation of origin, residency or diplomatic mission accredited to Bucharest in the candidate’s state of origin.
This is to obtain all the information they require regarding the scholarships (conditions, required paperwork, and the enrollment schedule) and to submit their application materials.
Language of Study
The Ministry of National Education has decided that the scholarship recipients must exclusively study in Romanian to support the Romanian language and culture.
Candidates who do not speak Romanian are given an additional year of preparation to learn it. Students who claim to speak Romanian must pass a language test that the appropriate higher education institutions have set up.
Application Deadline: 15th March 2024
This is the deadline for application files to be submitted with a verbal note to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Directorate of Public, Cultural, and Scientific Diplomacy by foreign diplomatic missions accredited to Bucharest.
However, the applicant should inquire about the enrollment schedule at the diplomatic mission where he plans to submit the application file. Each diplomatic post sets its application file submission deadline.
The Romanian Government Scholarships is a unique opportunity.
Take advantage of this chance to be part of this life-changing opportunity and connect with like-minded individuals from around the globe.
Apply now to make a huge difference and contribute to a better world.
Realmina wishes you good luck. Please share this article with your friends.