This is to inform the general public that the management of the University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT) has announced the M.Sc. Program for the academic year 2024/2025
Because the application/admission form is still open, all qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
The aim of this Professional Gas, Refining, and Petrochemical Engineering Master’s and PGD Degree Programmes is to provide graduates with broad-based training required for sound refining and processing of crude oil and natural gas.
The programs will generate competent and industry-ready graduates in Gas, Refining, and Petrochemical Processing who will be completely prepared to operate in the oil and gas business on a local and international scale.
Students will be taught by lecturers from Nigerian universities, professors from other nations, and specialists from the Nigerian and international petroleum industries.
The programs will be delivered in five modules: General, Refining, Gas & Petrochemicals, Modelling & Design, and Project Modules, with an MSc dissertation and a PGD project at the end.
Graduates will be able to, among other things, after completing this Programme:
- Understand the many types of energy and the importance of fossil fuels in the global energy mix.
- Understand the chemistry of hydrocarbons and the sequence of crude oil processing activities, such as crude oil distillation, refinery equipment, and flow sheets.
- Work on energy recovery network systems for refineries and petrochemicals, including monitoring instruments
- Learn about the petrochemical and natural gas industries and procedures, as well as the natural gas industry’s economic and contractual components.
- Understand the many types of polymers, plastics, additives, and modifiers.
- Understand conversion processes, such as catalytic reforming and the effect of catalysis on reaction rates.
- Work on heat exchangers and the systems that design them.
- Understand reaction systems, such as process flow and management, corrosion, and equipment maintenance.
- Experiment with modelling and simulation of refinery/petrochemical systems.
- Understand important goal-setting techniques in project management, process system optimization, energy economics and supply chain management, entrepreneurship, and certain business theories and models.
The Centre for Gas, Refining, and Petrochemicals (CGRP) is one of the NUC-Accredited Centres of Excellence of the University of Port Harcourt’s Institute of Petroleum Studies (IPS).
A Professional M.Sc. The Centre offers programmes in Gas, Refining, and Petrochemical Processing. Our Post-Graduate program is industry-driven, and the curriculum is designed to provide our graduates with entrepreneurial capabilities.
Twenty per cent (20%) of the lectures are delivered by industry professionals with relevant experience and qualifications; sixty per cent (60%) are delivered by the University of Port Harcourt; and twenty per cent (20%) are delivered by partnering university Professors across the country with relevant specializations.
The program will run for 12 calendar months of intensive full-time study.
Industry/Company employees can also enroll in modular/sandwich programs and earn credits.
- Danish State Tuition Fee Waivers and Scholarships
- International Scholarship Opportunities For African Students
- NNPC/ Belemaoil Joint Venture Scholarship Award
- Johns Hopkins University Clark Scholarship in the United States
- Marian University International Scholarships
- Ongoing Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Brandeis University Scholarships
- Ellen Nilsen Memorial Graduate Scholarship
- Maynooth University Sports Scholarship
- Julius Berger Nigeria Scholarship Scheme
- Candidates must have a minimum of Second Class (Lower Division) qualifications. Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical/Petrochemical, Gas Engineering, or Related Courses, Industry/Company Workers with three years relevant experience and a 2nd Class (Lower Division) qualification Hon. Bachelor’s degree with a CGPA of 2.4 or higher in any comparable Engineering discipline. Candidates with a CGPA of 1.5 or higher will be admitted to the PGD.
- All candidates must have completed the obligatory National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) and meet the minimum entry requirements of the University of Port Harcourt’s Post Graduate programs.
A non-refundable application fee of N20,000 in certified bank draught made payable to the Centre for Gas, Refining and Petrochemicals, University of Port Harcourt. Online payments can also be made here.
Application forms are available online at www.cgrpng.org. The Form must be filled out and submitted online. On or before Tuesday, December 21, 2024, a hard copy of the completed Form,
along with the Bank Draught, should be sent in person or via courier to The Ag. Director, Centre for Gas, Refining & Petrochemical Engineering, University of Port Harcourt.
Important dates to remember: (Any change will be communicated by e-mail)
- Completed Application Forms must be returned to The Director, Center for Gas, Refining & Petrochemical Engineering, University of Port Harcourt, Port Harcourt, on or before Friday, 17th December 2024.
- Oral Interview held on Tuesday, 21st December 2024 for short-listed candidates.
- Names of short-listed candidates will be displayed on the CGRP Website www.cgrpng.org.
- Academic activities will commence in January 2024.
- For inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure to subscribe to this page and share this page with your friends.
We will update this page as soon as there is more information concerning the UNIPORT M.Sc. in Gas, Petroleum Refining & Petrochemicals Admission Form.
RealMina wishes you success in your endeavours!