The US South Pacific Scholarship Program (USSP), authorized by the US Congress and supported by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the US Department of State, is a competitive, merit-based scholarship program.
This Scholarship offers chances for master’s and bachelor’s degree study at the University of Hawaii in fields directly related to the development requirements of Pacific island countries.
The scholarship program will feature a mentoring component with a potential follow-up summer internship and easily available possibilities for participation in a host family and volunteer service initiatives.
Candidates that fit particular requirements and come from the listed nations are accepted into the program.
US Department of State,
Scholarships to be taken at:
East-West Center, USA
Full tuition fee cover
Number of Awards:
Undergraduate & Masters
Pacific island countries
US South Pacific Scholarship Program | Eligibility Criteria
- Bachelor’s Scholarship: Applicants should apply to university. It is necessary to have finished secondary school by the application deadline to gain admission to their undergraduate program.
In certain nations, this entails completing “Form 6.” In some countries, this may imply having completed “Grade 12.” Individuals who have completed some undergraduate-level courses but still need to have the equivalent of a four-year bachelor’s degree in the United States are also eligible and strongly encouraged to apply.
- Master’s Scholarship: Applicants must complete a three-year baccalaureate program. Those having a three-year Bachelor’s degree can apply for a one-year bridging program that, once completed, allows them to apply to a master’s degree program.
Depending on prior study and academic performance, master’s degrees may not require a bridging component.
- Eligible Courses: gender studies, Agriculture, business, communication/journalism, education, environmental studies, NGO management, political science, public administration, public health, STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics), and other related professions are among the priority topics of study.
- Eligible Countries: Candidates from the Cook Islands, Fiji, Tonga, Kiribati, Nauru, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tuvalu, and Vanuatu who meet specified selection criteria are eligible for the program.
How to Apply: To apply for this Scholarship, Kindly apply online and ensure all required documents are uploaded.
- Danish State Tuition Fee Waivers and Scholarships
- International Scholarship Opportunities For African Students
- NNPC/ Belemaoil Joint Venture Scholarship Award
- Johns Hopkins University Clark Scholarship in the United States
- Marian University International Scholarships
- Ongoing Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Brandeis University Scholarships
- Ellen Nilsen Memorial Graduate Scholarship
- Maynooth University Sports Scholarship
- Julius Berger Nigeria Scholarship Scheme
- To get Tips for an acceptable online application (click to download doc)
- Application instructions (click to download doc)
- Competition announcement (click to download doc)
Application Deadline: January 15, 2024
This scholarship surely will be another rare but wonderful opportunity you don’t want to miss. Always keep tabs with us for more updates on this and more.
My trust is that this article has been of great help to you.
If yes, please give us a review and do more to share with your friends.