The Wentcher Foundation has announced that its Wentcher Scholars Program has been established for its high-performing Chicago Public Schools students to aid them in pursuing their degrees.
This foundation was designed to help students of Chicago Public Schools who perform extremely well to enable them to pursue their academic goals in an accredited, not-for-profit college or university of their choice that is located in the United States.
Ernest Wentcher was the founder of this foundation, and this foundation awards scholarships on the basis of academic merit, character, and financial need.
The foundation, since 2002, has encouraged over 300 scholars to raise more than $5 million dollars to assist in funding.
- Danish State Tuition Fee Waivers and Scholarships
- International Scholarship Opportunities For African Students
- NNPC/ Belemaoil Joint Venture Scholarship Award
- Johns Hopkins University Clark Scholarship in the United States
- Marian University International Scholarships
- Ongoing Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Brandeis University Scholarships
- Ellen Nilsen Memorial Graduate Scholarship
- Maynooth University Sports Scholarship
- Julius Berger Nigeria Scholarship Scheme
What You Need To Know About the Wentcher Scholarship
Level/Field of Study
It is open to public school seniors graduating. These Scholarships are available to study an undergraduate degree program awarded to study any of the subjects offered by the university.
The scholarship is to be taken in the USA. Selection of awards will be based on the overall quality of submitted entries and will be at the sole discretion of the Wentcher Foundation.
This scholarship is for USA students.
- The Foundation awards 70+ renewable scholarships of $10,000 to CPS students annually.
- Wentcher Scholars who continue to meet the Foundation’s guidelines may renew their scholarships for up to four years of undergraduate support, totalling up to $40,000.
Eligibility for Wentcher Foundation Scholarship
- Open to Chicago Public Schools seniors graduating in June 2022
- Minimum 3.0 unweighted GPA
- Minimum 20 composite ACT (or 1030 composite SAT)
- Open to all students who are eligible to receive federal financial aid. Applications from US citizens, legal permanent residents, and eligible non-citizens will be considered. If you are unsure about your eligibility status, visit the Federal Student Aid website.
How to Apply for Wentcher Foundation Scholarship
- An official transcript uploaded by your school
- An ACT score report
- Two letters of recommendation written by a teacher, counselor, or other professional qualified to comment on your potential to succeed in college
- University admissions letter tag heuer replica watches, if available
- Description of your work history, volunteer experience, extracurriculars, leadership, honors, and/or achievements
- Expected Family Contribution (EFC) and an uploaded copy of your FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR)
- Essay (minimum 500 words): Tell us your story and why you should receive a Wentcher Scholarship. [Help us understand who you are, your history or your goals, and/or how the Wentcher Scholarship will help you attain your dreams.]
Link for More Information:
Wentcher Foundation Scholarship Deadline
Applications for the 2021 CPS Wentcher Scholarship are closed
We believe this article has been of great help to you in your research. Please leave a comment, complaint, or recommendation in the comment section. We will make sure to reply as soon as possible.