The International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS) ended on December 31, 2016, and the Australia Research Training Program (RTP) took place on January 1, 2017.
Higher education providers (HEPs) receive block funding from the RTP on a calendar-year basis to support local and international students pursuing higher degrees by research (HDRs), such as research master’s and doctoral degrees.
- Host Institution(s): Participating Universities in Australia
- Level and Field of Study: Master by Doctorate Degree or research degree offered by participating Universities in the country.
- Target group: International and Domestic Students
- Number of Awards: Not specified
A University may offer an RTP Scholarship recipient one or more of the following forms of support under RTP:
- The tuition fees for a higher degree that a research student (HDR) would have otherwise had to pay are covered by an RTP Fees Offset. This calls for a university to deduct the applicable student tuition cost. This is not an allowance.
- An RTP Stipend is given to students to help with living expenses as they pursue a higher degree through research.
- RTP Allowances help students with the extra expenses associated with a higher degree by research (HDR). This covers moving expenses related to an HDR, printing expenses for an HDR thesis and academic publications, and health insurance fees for awardees and their dependents.
For a research master’s degree, RTP scholarships are available for a maximum of two years; for a research doctorate, they are available for three to four years (at the HEP’s discretion).
- Danish State Tuition Fee Waivers and Scholarships
- International Scholarship Opportunities For African Students
- NNPC/ Belemaoil Joint Venture Scholarship Award
- Johns Hopkins University Clark Scholarship in the United States
- Marian University International Scholarships
- Ongoing Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Brandeis University Scholarships
- Ellen Nilsen Memorial Graduate Scholarship
- Maynooth University Sports Scholarship
- Julius Berger Nigeria Scholarship Scheme
Eligibility for Australia Research Training Program
A student must be an International or domestic student enrolled in an approved HDR course of study at an Australian HEP to be eligible for an RTP Fund, RTP tuition Offset, or RTP Allowance.
The Commonwealth Scholarships Guidelines (Research) 2017’s Section 1.5 lists the fundamental requirements for candidature for an RTP.
Direct applications to participating universities are required for the Australia Research Training Programme.
Please don’t hesitate to contact your chosen university directly to inquire about the RTP scheme application process since each university has its own application and selection procedures. The due date varies by university but generally falls between April and October each year.
It is important to read the Frequently Asked Questions and visit the website of the University where you intend to apply and the official website (located below), which provides comprehensive instructions on applying for this award.
We believe this article has been of great help to you in your research. Please leave a comment, complaint, or recommendation in the comment section. We will make sure to reply as soon as possible.