In an admirable stride towards facilitating educational equity, Delta State University (DELSU), Abraka, under the stewardship of Prof. Andy Ogochukwu Egwunyenga, extends an invitation to the undergraduate populace of DELSU who originate from Delta State to participate in the DELSU Indigent Students Scholarship Programme.
This initiative is a testament to the university’s dedication to its Corporate Social Responsibility, ensuring that economic disparities do not hinder the right to quality education.
Empowerment through Education
You are given an opportunity to alleviate the financial burdens that may impede your academic pursuits. DELSU has taken a commendable step to assist students facing financial hardship, ensuring that the doors to education remain open to all, irrespective of their financial background.
Understanding the Eligibility Criteria
To qualify for the DELSU Indigent Students Scholarship Programme, it is imperative to meet the following conditions:
- You must provide proof of financial hardship, such as a history of educational interruptions due to the inability to afford tuition fees.
- A minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.0 is required.
- Consideration is given to applicants facing challenges such as ill health, disabilities, and unemployment within the family.
- Engagement in voluntary community service despite financial challenges will be viewed favorably.
- This scholarship is solely for students not benefiting from other scholarships.
- For 100-level students, DELSU must have been your first choice in JAMB, with a minimum POST-UTME weighted average of 52.
The Application Process
Interested and eligible candidates must follow a straightforward online application procedure:
- Fill out the application form on DELSU’s official website: DELSU Scholarship Application.
- After completing the online application, download, print, and submit the form and all necessary attachments to the Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Administration in Site II.
- Ensure your application and the required documents are submitted within two weeks from the date of this announcement.
Timely Action Is Essential
It is crucial to act promptly. The window for application submission is constricted to a two-week period post-announcement. This timeline is non-negotiable, and adherence to it is mandatory for consideration.
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor’s office stands ready to assist with any queries or additional information. You may direct your inquiries and requests for further details to the appropriate university authorities.
This is a call to action for all eligible students. The DELSU Indigent Students Scholarship Programme is more than financial aid; it is a lifeline that supports your academic aspirations and fosters community growth.
Seize this chance to advance your educational goals and contribute to the development of Delta State.