Begin your studies journey in the United States. The Onsi Sawiris Scholarship program is presently accepting applications.
The Onsi Sawiris Scholarship program 2024/2025 provides complete funding for undergraduate and master’s degrees to international students. This scholarship includes full tuition, a stipend, travel, and health insurance.
The Onsi Sawiris Scholarship program is open to Egyptian students interested in pursuing undergraduate or master’s degrees at leading US universities during the 2024/2025 academic session.
These will be awarded on the basis of character and merit as demonstrated by academic excellence, entrepreneurial initiative, and extracurricular activities.
Full tuition, a living allowance, travel, and health insurance are all included in the scholarships. Scholarship recipients will also be given the option of interning at the company.
To learn all there is to know about the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program, keep reading, as this article shall provide you with the necessary information.
About Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program
In the year 2000, Orascom Construction developed the Onsi Sawiris Programme to spend business resources on educational programs to better the areas in which it operates.
This program is an example of the private sector participating in educational programs on a sustainable basis in Egypt. The goal is to assist young Egyptians in their academic growth and character formation by providing them with tools to enhance their professions and so benefit the communities in which they reside.
Candidates who have not lived, studied, or worked abroad for an extended period of time will be given preference. Only the University of Chicago, Stanford University, Harvard University, and The University of Pennsylvania are eligible for the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Programme.
- Danish State Tuition Fee Waivers and Scholarships
- International Scholarship Opportunities For African Students
- NNPC/ Belemaoil Joint Venture Scholarship Award
- Johns Hopkins University Clark Scholarship in the United States
- Marian University International Scholarships
- Ongoing Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Brandeis University Scholarships
- Ellen Nilsen Memorial Graduate Scholarship
- Maynooth University Sports Scholarship
- Julius Berger Nigeria Scholarship Scheme
- Level of Study: Undergraduate, Masters
- Institution(s): Stanford University, The University of Chicago, Harvard University, The University of Pennsylvania.
- Study in: USA
- Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Political Science
- Program Period:
- Undergraduate: 4 Years
- Masters: 2 Years
- Deadline: July 31, 2024
The Onsi Sawiris Scholarship includes complete tuition, a stipend, travel, and health insurance.
Eligibility Criteria for Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program
To be eligible for Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program, you must:
- Be Egyptian natives who live in Egypt (mixed nationality applications will not be considered).
- Be aiming to begin their studies in the United States of America in 2023.
- Be willing to return to Egypt for two years immediately following the completion of their bachelor’s degree.
- Must have not spent more than three years abroad.
- TOEFL iBT: 100 or above
- GPA of 3.5/90 in Thanaweyya Amma certification (Secondary year) or similar certificates
- SAT I minimum score:
- Old SAT (before to May 2016): 2100 overall Reading level: 700 Math: 700 700 words in writing
- New SAT (starting in May 2016): Total: 1450Reading and writing with evidence: 730 Math: 730
- or SAT II in three subjects with a score of 600 or higher.
- Participate in some extracurricular activities.
- Egyptian nationals who are Egyptian residents (non-dual nationals will be given preference).
- They intend to pursue a master’s degree in Business Administration or Engineering at one of the best universities in the United States.
- I’ve never spent more than three years overseas.
- Be willing to stay in Egypt for two years after finishing their bachelor’s degree.
- TOEFL: iBT of 100 or above
- GPA: 3.5 / Excellent or higher (Overall grade)
- A minimum of three years of work experience is required.
- MBA – GMAT score of 650 or above (taken within the last 5 years)
- Extracurricular Interests Have participated in or are presently participating in extracurricular activities.
- Old GRE scores are no longer valid.
- New GRE scores: Acceptable minimums
- Total: 302
- 4.5 for analytical writing
- Fields of Study: Engineering, Business Administration, and Construction Management.
- Candidates possessing an Egyptian Master’s degree in a technical discipline other than the one they are applying for will be considered.
- Candidates with a Master’s degree from a foreign university or an Egyptian Master’s degree in the same field as the one they are applying for will not be considered.
- Being chosen as a nominee for the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Programme does not ensure admittance to the university. Applicants will only be assisted in applying to the universities listed below. If nominated, the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Programme reward will be made once university acceptance is received.
- Candidates who have not lived, worked, or studied abroad for an extended period of time will be given preference.
- The Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program is only given to the list of endorsed universities.
How to Apply for Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program?
Please follow the below steps to avail Onsi Sawiris scholarship:
For Undergraduate Scholarship:
- Create an account on the Amideast website by clicking here.
- Fill out all of your personal information.
- Fill in your educational information.
- In the Statement of Purpose section, answer the following two questions:
- Q1: Considering your personal, local, and national issues as they pertain to your future, how would you be able to attain success on these various levels by attending the university to which you intend to apply? To discuss, write a 500-word essay. Please keep in mind that the essay is a required component of your application.
- Q2: What are your interests? How have you followed your dreams throughout your life? Your essay should be 350 words long and typed. Please keep in mind that the essay is a required component of your application.
Attach the following files to the attachments section:
- Form of application
- Transcript copies
- Copies of graduation or Thanaweyya Amma certificates (if available)
- Copy of exam results (SAT I/or SAT II) and IBT TOEFL
- two letters of recommendation
- Please submit your application.
For Masters Scholarship:
Form of application: Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Graduate application.
The following documents are required:
- Obtain a copy of your diploma.
- Transcripts must be copied.
- Test results (TOEFL – iBT / GRE or GMAT).
- Two letters of recommendation.
- For scholarship inquiries, please send an email to OSSP@amideast.org or call AMIDEAST at 19263.
To learn more about Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program, please visit the Official Website.
Please ensure to subscribe to this page and share this page with your friends.
We will update this page as soon as there is more information concerning the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program.
RealMina wishes you success in your endeavors!