The senate of Ignatius Ajuru University of Education expelled six students on Thursday, June 4, 2020, to serve as a restraint to other students.
These Six students have been involved in Cult related offences and other crimes;
1. Success Humphrey Chigomeru of the Department of Political Science for forcefully initiating a student into the Vikings fraternity.
2. Wobodia Favour Nnenda of the Department of Physics and Njoku Evans of the Department of Economics were expelled from the university for impersonation during their examinations.
3. Senate also expelled Ijeokwu Louis Emmanuel of the Department of Computer Science for the cult attack, which led to a student sustaining gunshot wounds.
4. Wiche ThankGod Chinemerem of the Department of Political Science
5. Emesiobi Justice of the Department of Social Studies for duping unsuspecting postgraduate students of their school fees.
6. Senate also expelled Ijeokwu Louis Emmanuel of the Department of Computer Science for the cult attack, which led to a student sustaining gunshot wounds.
Meanwhile, Eke Chinonso of the Department of Physics and Assor Sampson of the Department of Social Studies was given serious warnings to desist from associating with bad friends. At the same time, Martins Alikor and Salem Oba Iyalla of the Department of English Studies and Communication Art, who were suspended, have been recalled back to the university.
Senate took the decisions after the presentation of the Report by the Students Ethics and Disciplinary Committee to members of the Senate who deliberated on the issues raised.
Senate upheld the decision for all operators of business centers around the ICT center to be sent away. Only duly registered business operators would henceforth be permitted to operate at the campus.
Students are also advised to stop patronizing them and to use the ICT center for all their legitimate business transactions.
The staff of the postgraduate school are warned to desist from referring students to these business centres for payment of fees.
We believe this article has been of great help to you in your research. Please leave a comment, complaint, or recommendation in the comment section. We will make sure to reply as soon as possible.