Pondering how to share data on Airtel? Here are a few easy steps to follow.
Data costs can be pretty overwhelming at times and can be a constant source of holes in our pockets.
While on the other hand, friends or family members might have surplus data with very little use for it. Strange, but that is one of the dynamics of life.
Sharing data is a means to bridge this gap. If you have a need for data and you haven’t got the funds for it, you can simply ask a friend, brother, sister, mom or dad, or even colleagues who have enough to share data with you so you’re never left out.
Airtel’s gift data service allows you to transfer data from your active data balance to your friends, buy data for friends and family and also request data from your friends. This article seeks to enlighten you on how to share data on the Airtel network.
Share Data on Airtel
There are several ways to share data on the Airtel network, and it is pretty easy. You can share data using the USSD code, SMS option, or dialing direct shortcodes for a specific option. To successfully share data on Airtel, use any of the following ways.
Share Data on Airtel Using Direct Dialling
To share data on Airtel using direct dialing, follow the steps below.
- Dial *141# on your phone and send it.
- Choose option 6 and click on send.
- Select option 2 (data gifting), or 3 (data Me2U/data sharing), depending on your preference.
- For data gifting (option 2), select the plan you want to gift and enter the recipient’s phone number, while for data sharing (option 3), select the option “send Me2U from existing allowance.”
- Enter the recipient’s phone details.
- Type in the amount of MB you’d like to share with the recipient and click on send to complete the process.
- You can also dial *141*6*3# directly for quick access to the sharing service.
How to Gift Data on Airtel
You can buy a data bundle package for another user using your own airtime by using data gifting. For example, if a friend or family member runs out of data, you may simply purchase a new data plan for them.
To gift data, dial *141# and select Gifting or Me2U as the option.
A quick recap of what was covered in this article includes learning how to share data through SMS or USSD of the Airtel mobile network.
Very little is achievable in today’s world without the internet. The data of the various mobile networks is your window to the internet. Next time you run out of data, you know what to do and how to go about it to get data.
This can also be flipped the otherways in case a loved one is in dire need of data to access the internet on the Airtel network. We believe we did justice in outlining in-depth details about the subject matter. If you think so too, please share across all your social media platform.