Applications are now being accepted for the [aca-year] Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program (TJSP).
This scholarship aims to provide opportunities for full-time, undergraduate, university/institute students from Tunisia to spend one academic year of non-degree study at a U.S. university or college.
Through academic opportunities, professional engagement, and leadership development, the Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program (TJSP) fosters economic growth, stability, and democratic development in Tunisia by equipping the youths with essential skills.
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): United States Department of State
- Scholarship Type: Fully Funded
- Host Institution(s): Institutions in the United States
- Scholarship Worth: Not specified
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: All study
- Nationality: Tunisians
Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program (TJSP) 2024/2025 | Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the 2024/2025 Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program (TJSP), applicants are to note that the program is merit-based and open to anyone who:
- Is a Tunisian citizen;
- Currently resides in Tunisia;
- Is enrolled as a full-time, undergraduate, university/institute student in good academic standing at the time of application at a registered academic institution in Tunisia;
- Is NOT in the final year of their undergraduate program at the time of application Engineering students are eligible in their first or second year (preparatory classes) and third and fourth year of undergraduate study;
- Can receive a U.S. J-1 visa; is at least 18 years old by July 1, 2024;
- Is committed to returning to Tunisia after completion of the program;
- Can achieve a TOEFL score of at least 500; and
- Completes the academic year before studying in the United States in good standing with a passing average (a.k.a. moyenne générale).
- Danish State Tuition Fee Waivers and Scholarships
- International Scholarship Opportunities For African Students
- NNPC/ Belemaoil Joint Venture Scholarship Award
- Johns Hopkins University Clark Scholarship in the United States
- Marian University International Scholarships
- Ongoing Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Brandeis University Scholarships
- Ellen Nilsen Memorial Graduate Scholarship
- Maynooth University Sports Scholarship
- Julius Berger Nigeria Scholarship Scheme
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program (TJSP) 2023-2024 must complete their applications online.
Applicants must fill out all required sections of the application and provide contact information for two references.
Reference 1 and reference two must be completed by two different individuals who can speak to your suitability as a potential scholarship recipient.
Application Deadline: November 30, 2024 at 5 p.m. Tunis time.
This scholarship surely will be another rare but wonderful opportunity you don’t want to miss. Always keep tabs with us for more updates on this and more.
My trust is that this article has been of great help to you.
If yes, please give us a review and do more to share with your friends.