Turkey remains one of the best places of study in the world. Turkey has vast climatic and geographical variations as part of Asia and part of Europe.
The quality of the education and teaching staff at Turkish Universities offers you opportunities to get the skills you will need for a global world. Degrees granted by Turkish Universities are recognized around the world.
Also, in recent years, Turkey has become a centre of attraction for economic and political aspects.
What is a Turkish Student Visa?
A Turkish Student Visa is a permit issued by the Turkish government, through an official at the Turkish Embassy, to a foreigner who wants to study in Turkey. This visa lasts for only 90 days but could be renewed afterward. It is officially known as an Education visa.
For going to Turkey for other purposes not catered for by the Turkish Student Visa, an individual could apply for any of the following: Tourist/Business person visa, Official visa, Work visa, or another visa.
Students may only apply for their visas after they enroll in a Turkish university, school, or language class recognized by the Turkish Ministry of Education.
To apply for a student visa, you need a letter from your school proving your enrolment (this replaces the letter of invitation or employment).
Once you arrive in Turkey, you must register with the Foreigner´s Branch of your local police department within 30 days. Once you register, the officials will issue you a residence permit.
The student visa and residence permit allow unlimited exits and entries as long as they are valid (usually around a year). Make arrangements to renew your visa and permit well before they expire. Otherwise, you risk illegal residence.
How To Get A Turkey Student Visa From Nigeria
The reason you are going to Turkey will determine the kind of Turkish Visa you will apply for. If you are staying in Turkey for longer than 90 days or plan to work or study in Turkey, you will need a visa.
Generally, Turkish visas are either single-entry (tek giris) or multiple-entry (muteaddit giris).
Tourist and border visas (the visas many nationalities can obtain at their points of entry) are typically valid for a single entry. The Work and student visas, however, may cover multiple entries.
Within these two broad categories, however, visas are issued to cover specific activities. To apply for a Turkey student visa in Nigeria, you will need to submit the appropriate application to a Turkish embassy or consulate closer to you.
- What Is the Difference Between a Budget and a Standard
- How to Change American Express Card Name
- Will Insurance Pay for a Condemned House?
- Camping in the Desert | How to Survive
- How Much Does a Typical Wedding Cost
- Top 12 Best Paying Jobs in Real Estate Investment Trusts 2024
Turkey Student Visa Required Documents
You will need to present some documents to apply for a Turkey student Visa. These documents are very important, and a single lie or smartness can spoil the show. You will have to be honest and open in filling in your details in the documents below:
- An online application form. You must fill and sign it correctly.
- Original and photocopy of passport (must be at least 6 months valid after the date of application).
- A 50x60mm passport photo on white background should be attached to the application form, but you should not staple it.
- Flight booking with confirmed dates. You should not pay the flight fee until the consular approves your visa application.
- Proof of accommodation in Turkey. Hotel booking or any other accommodation
- Bank statement for the past six of the applicant or applicant’s sponsor. This is to be sure you can cater to yourself financially.
- Letter from the sponsor bearing his/her financial means and stating that he/she will be responsible for the applicant’s expenses (if sponsored).
- An acceptance letter from the Turkish University or school or language course certified by the Ministry of Education.
- You should place your appointment eight weeks before your intended travel date.
Steps On How To Apply For Turkey Student Visa
Click HERE to download an online application form. Print it out and fill it in capital letters.
Click HERE to book an appointment online. Change the language setting to English by clicking on the ‘TR’ button on the top-right side of the website.
Visit the Turkish Embassy on the appointment date. Go along with the filled application form and the following documents.
We hope students find this article useful, especially those wishing to study in Turkey. We encourage you to follow each step above closely; if you do, your study visa requirements will be easy.
We wish you success in all your academic pursuits.