The Lagos State Government are inviting applications for the Lagos State Government Professorial Chair of Transport Studies in the School of Transport, Lagos State University.
Applications are invited from suitable and qualified candidates for the position, which will be known as Lagos State Government Professorial Chair of Transport Studies.
- Candidates must possess Ph.D in Transport Studies or a related field with Ten years Post Doctoral qualification teaching/research experience in a University or a Research/Training Institute.
- The candidate must also possess adequate scholarly publications, administrative experience, and demonstrable academic leadership.
- An Associate Professor of at least three (3) years or a serving Professor with considerable Teaching/Research experience in a University may also apply.
- Candidates should have a demonstrable capacity to participate in inter-multidisciplinary research in addition to reasonable administrative experience.
The endowed professorship (or Endowed Chair) is a position that draws monthly salary and other allowances from the endowment fund specifically set up for that purpose and specifically for scholarly/creative/research support.
The occupant of the chair must have, among others, an acceptable academic record and focus and must at least set up more public lectures annually.
Requirements & Responsibilities
The position aims at obtaining global expertise to strengthen research and teaching in transport studies.
The responsibilities include;
- Teach, conduct research, initiate development strategies and encourage innovation in Transport Studies;
- Offer advice to Lagos State Government on critical transportation challenges in the state;
- Take specific research briefs from Lagos State Government or the State Commissioner for Transport through Lagos State University;
- Promote packaging and dissemination of information for public awareness to solve transportation challenges of Lagos State in particular and Nigeria in general;
- Develop transportation management policies in line with global best practices;
- Provide pro bono community service, including consultancy such as advising government and non-profit making organizations;
- Mentor and assessment of students in their academic training and research, including supervision of the thesis.
This position is a 5-year term with eligibility for re-appointment upon satisfactory performance.
Candidate for the position of Endowed Professorial Chair of Transport Studies must not be more than Sixty Four (64) years of age as of the date of this publication.
The benefits of the Endowed Professorial Chair include:
- Enhanced Monthly Salary;
- Official Car;
- Monthly Allowances as applicable;
- Annual Research Allowance;
- Annual Foreign Travels Allowance;
- Annual Local travels Allowance;
- Annual Sponsorship for Seminars, Conferences and Publications.
Mission Statement/Strategic Plans
Applicants are to submit their mission statement and Strategic plans for the position (Not more than 2000 words)
Method of Application
Candidates must submit a formal application letter with Thirty (30) copies of detailed Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of credentials [O’ Level Result inclusive]. The Curriculum Vitae should be presented in the following order:
- Name in Full with Surname first (BOLDLY WRITTEN)
- Place and Date of Birth
- State of Origin
- Permanent Address
- Current Postal Address
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Academic/Professional Qualifications (with dates and institutions)
- Statement of Experience, including full details of the former and present position
- Current Research
- List of scholarly Publications
- Other activities outside current employment
- Names, Addresses and Telephone Numbers of three (3) referees
- Telephone and E-mail Address (SELF)
- Proposed date of availability for duty if appointed.
All applications with credentials should be addressed to:
Lagos State University
Badagry Expressway, Ojo
P. M. B. 0001,
Lagos State University
Post Office, Ojo.
Three (3) weeks from the date of this publication.
Only SHORTLISTED candidates will be contacted.
AMUNI, Mohammed Olayinka, FNIM
Registrar AND Secretary to Council
We hope that this article has given you all the information you need to get as regards Lagos State Government Endowed Professorial Chair of Transport Studies.
We at RealMina wish you the best!