This article is designed to help students who wish to study Health Education in the Faculty of Education at Lagos State University.
It is very important for all candidates who wish to apply for any of the courses offered at LASU to carefully confirm and see if the course they Selected is offered in the institution before registering for JAMB.
Lagos State University, also known as LASU, was established in 1983 by the enabling Law of Lagos State of Nigeria, for the advancement of learning and establishment of academic excellence.
The university caters to a population of over 35,000 students enrolled full-time. The university also offers courses at Diploma, Undergraduate, and Postgraduate levels. Lagos State University is located in Ojo, a town in Lagos State, Nigeria.
LASU is the only state university in the former British colony. Lagos State University offers diploma, degree, and postgraduate programs, including an MBA program.
O’Level Subject Combination
The O’level subject combination and requirements needed to study Health Education; You require;
- Five (5) SSC credit passes/TC II merit passes, including English Language, Biology, or its equivalent.
- Five (5) SSC credit passes /TC II merit passes to include English Language and Mathematics.
JAMB Subject Combination
In UTME, please note that the English Language is Compulsory for this course. Therefore, the three (3) other JAMB UTME subject combinations needed to study Health Education under the Faculty of Education in the above Universities include;
Biology and any two (2) relevant subjects.
Direct Entry Requirement
These are the conditions you need to fulfill to gain Direct Entry admission to study Health Education if you don’t intend to use UTME. You require;
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in any of Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics.
- NCE merit in Physical Education and credit in Arithmetical process or Mathematics.
- Diploma in Health Education, Environmental Sanitation, Physical Education, Social Work, and Health Administration with overall grades of merit plus three (3) ‘O’ Level credit passes/TC II merit, which should include the English Language.
- NCE in Biology, Health Education, and Integrated Science with a passing grade plus two (2) ‘O’ Level credit passes/TC II merit passes.
- Registered Nurse plus five (5) ‘O’ Level credit passes to include the English Language.
All candidates interested in getting admitted into LASU for the 2024/2025 session, should know that to be eligible for the screening, you must have scored 160 or above in your JAMB result.
We hope that this article is helpful to all aspirants and students of Lagos State University (LASU). We will update this article should the school authority make any changes.
We wish you the best of luck.