Many Android users will have discovered multiple image galleries with a Picasa icon that cannot be deleted from their device.
This article will look at how to delete Picasa pics on your devices.
By default, Google syncs photos you’ve uploaded to Google+ or shared with Hangouts, but you can delete them by changing your sync settings.
This issue arises when your Gmail account is used as your primary address on your Android smartphone or tablet and on Google+, which automatically syncs the images you upload to your device.
What Exactly Is a Picasa Image?
Picasa Picture is a Google-provided online photo-sharing and image-viewing tool. It is available for free download and is an excellent tool for organizing, editing, and compiling your device’s photographs.
Picasa Pictures automatically detects the pictures on your computer or Android device once you download it, and the best part is that Picasa categorizes them based on their dates, making it easy to find the pictures you’re looking for.
You might even discover photos you had forgotten about! It simplifies editing by providing numerous options to choose from.
Once you’ve customized a photo, you can share it online with a single click of the “Share” button.
You can even make collages or videos out of your photos and “geotag” them to show their location on Google Earth.
Picasa pictures are thus easy to manage and share based on your requirements!
Why Is It Necessary to Delete Picasa Pictures From an Android Phone?
While Picasa Photos is a great way to organize your photos, you may soon discover that it takes up a lot of space.
As a result, while this may not have been a problem on your computer, it may have been on your Android device, as installing this app may have resulted in a lack of storage space.
This, in turn, may leave insufficient space for other apps to be installed or even cause performance issues.
You may also be upgrading to a new Android phone or giving away your old phone, in which case you will no longer need to keep the photos on your old device.
These are just a few reasons why you might want to delete Picasa pictures from your Android phone.
How to Delete Picasa Photos on Android
When you’ve decided to delete Picasa pictures from your Android phone, you may become frustrated when you can’t find a way.
You will quickly notice no delete option, so you cannot delete them directly from the gallery.
However, deleting a Picasa image is simple.
The rest of this article will review some methods for deleting Picasa pictures from your phone.
- This is a method of preventing Picasa images from being stored in your gallery at all. Follow these steps to accomplish this:
- Navigate to the “Accounts” section of your phone’s main settings menu.
- Click on the Google icon and then select the Google account associated with your phone.
- Next, you’ll see a list of options you can activate by checking and deactivating by unchecking the boxes next to them. You’ll see an option called “Google Photos” here.
- Uncheck the box next to this option if it is checked. “Sync is Off” will now be written beneath Google Photos.
- Because you disabled this, no Picasa photos will be added to your gallery. Now it’s time to get rid of the ones already there!
Removing Photos and Picasa Images
- Return to “Settings,” and then to “Apps.”
- Scroll down until you see the “Gallery” icon. Simply click on it.
- Select “Clear Data” and then “OK” to confirm. This deletes all of your Picasa photos while leaving other albums intact. If there are many images, Gallery may take some time to refresh.
- If you want, uninstall the Picasa Pictures app from your phone.
While writing this piece, Google has retired Picasa to focus on providing a singular photos service – Google Photos.
Picasa might still run on much older Android versions, and knowing how to delete Picasa pics could be useful for those still utilizing older Android phones.
Did you find this article helpful? If you did, kindly drop a comment; we would love to hear from you.