This article is designed to help students who wish to study Urban and Regional Planning Faculty of Engineering, Environment, and Technology at Federal Polytechnic, Oko (OKOPOLY).
It is very important for all candidates who wish to apply for any courses offered in OKOPOLY to carefully confirm and see if the course they Selected is offered in the institution before registering for JAMB.
The polytechnic is situated within Oko town in Orumba North Local Government of Anambra State.
The kernel of what eventually became the polytechnic was the brainchild of the Oko Progressive Union (OPU), greatly catalyzed by the patronage, resourcefulness, and result-oriented leadership of its pioneer chairman, a former Executive Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Dr Alex Ekwueme.
The institution is strategically located and surrounded by several centres of industries, commerce, and diverse local crafts such as Awka (well known for blacksmith/iron works), Nnewi (Industry and technological products), and Onitsha and Aba (reputed for Commerce and Industries).
The climatic condition of the host community, Ok, ranges between 28 and 42 degrees centigrade. It is one of Nigeria’s fastest-developing tertiary institutions with a highly futuristic disposition.
It has a functional memorandum of understanding with universities within and outside the country. The Polytechnic has three campuses.
- The main campus at Oko occupies a total land area of 89 hectares.
- Ufuma campus: This occupies a total land area of 52 hectares.
- Atani campus: This occupies a total area of 40 hectares.
To study Urban and Regional Planning, candidates must meet the following requirements.
O’Level Subject Combination
The O’level subject combination and requirements needed to study Urban and Regional Planning;
- Geography and three other subjects from:
- English Language,
- Fine Art/Technical Drawing,
- Further Mathematics,
- History/Government Business Methods/Bookkeeping and Principles of Accounting One of the three subjects must be a basic science subject.
- At least a credit pass in the English Language is compulsory.
Jamb Subject Combination
In UTME, please note that the English Language is Compulsory for this course. Therefore, the three (3) other JAMB UTME subject combinations needed to study Urban and Regional Planning under the Faculty of Engineering, Environment & Technology in the above Universities include;
Geography and two other subjects from the course requirement
U.T.M.E. Subjects Special Remarks
NEKEDEPOLY accepts Mathematics, Chemistry, and Physics.
- KAD-POLY accepts any three of Mathematics, Geography, and anyone from Economics, Biology, or Agricultural Science.
- RIVPOLY accepts Economics in lieu of Geography.
- OFFAPOLY requires Mathematics, Geography/Economics, and any Science or Fine Arts subject.
Direct Entry Requirement
These are the conditions you need to fulfill to gain Direct Entry admission to study Urban and Regional Planning if you don’t intend to use UTME.
You require; a) IBD-POLY and OSUNTECH require a credit in English Language and Geography.
All candidates interested in getting admitted into Federal Polytechnic, Oko, for the 2024/2025 session should know that to be eligible for the screening, you must have scored 100 or above in your JAMB result.
We hope that this article is helpful to all aspirants and students of Oko Polytechnic (OKOPOLY). We will update this article should the school authority make any changes.
We wish you the best of luck.