This guide will show you how to apply for a Rwanda Student visa in Nigeria. Rwanda is among the few African countries with heavy investment in Education – especially university education.
Rwanda’s educational sector has undergone a period of impressive transformation and growth.
- Danish State Tuition Fee Waivers and Scholarships
- International Scholarship Opportunities For African Students
- NNPC/ Belemaoil Joint Venture Scholarship Award
- Johns Hopkins University Clark Scholarship in the United States
- Marian University International Scholarships
- Ongoing Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Brandeis University Scholarships
- Ellen Nilsen Memorial Graduate Scholarship
- Maynooth University Sports Scholarship
- Julius Berger Nigeria Scholarship Scheme
Benefits Of studying in Rwanda
Critical investment in Rwandan university education is making Rwanda a study destination.
The country is filled with unique cultures and is admired internationally.
It has a fascinating historical and geographical environment, with natural vegetation and unhampered forestry.
Plenty of categories of fields of study to pick from and a good number of reputable universities.
An era of political stability and nation-building effort.
University infrastructure that promotes creativity and innovation.
What is a Rwanda Student Visa
International students, who seek to gain entrance to Rwanda to study, are expected to apply for a student visa.
International students are students that do not permanently reside in Rwanda and do not own Rwandan citizenship.
So it is expected that as soon as you are admitted into any Rwandan university, you will kick start applying for a Rwanda Student visa in Nigeria.
Rwanda Visa Requirements for Nigeria Citizens
A good way to boost the success of your application for a Rwanda Student visa in Nigeria is by producing the complete required documents listed below:
- An international passport with a validity period of up to six months on arrival into Rwanda and not less than two blank pages.
- Proof of adequate financial capability throughout studies in Rwanda. Bank statements will be accepted. On average, bank statements showing funds of four to six million Naira are approved.
- Airplane return Ticket (if any).
- Accurate and duly completed Rwanda visa application form.
- A two-by-two, plain white background, recent passport-sized photograph. Clear photographs may be accepted in place of passports.
- Applying for a Rwanda visa to study, an acceptance letter, or an admission letter from the Rwandan university.
- A letter stating the reason for your visit to Rwanda, and the address of your accommodation, with additional information regarding the duration of your stay.
- Travel Itinerary contains airline bookings, hotel information, verified phone number, and address.
- Yellow fever vaccination card.
How to Apply for a Rwanda Student Visa in Nigeria
An organized and systematic application method is key to a successful application for a Rwanda Student visa in Nigeria. Below are the steps for applying for a Rwanda Student visa in Nigeria.
Confirm if you are eligible for a Rwanda Student visa in Nigeria by gathering all the requirements for application.
Ensure your readiness by keeping the required paperwork, and ensure they are well sorted to prevent misplacing documents.
You will be expected to complete the visa application form. This can be done through the internet, the Rwanda embassy, or on arrival. Whatever platform you choose, the form must be filled out accurately and duly.
The applicant will have to pay the visa fees. There are several means of payment. In the case of an online application, the applicant will be expected to pay online. If it is through physical means, the applicant will be required to pay.
Visa fees are non-refundable, and if the visa application is unsuccessful or rejected, the applicant will not get a refund of the fees.
Applying for a Rwanda student visa in Nigeria before departing to Rwanda is strongly advised because visa applications can be rejected upon entry into Rwanda.
Rwanda Consulate in Nigeria – Abuja, Lagos
The Rwanda Embassy in Nigeria is located at;
1, Justice Mohammed Bello Street, Off Jose Marti Crescent, Asokoro, Abuja Nigeria
Telephone: (+234) 704 517 3652
Office Hours: 09.00 AM – 4.00 PM, Monday to Friday
For students wishing to study in Rwanda, we hope you find this article helpful and that you will consider all the tips mentioned above on getting a student visa.
Congratulations and best wishes in your academic journey.