The management of the University of Jos (UNIJOS) has announced the deadline for payment of school fees and registration for the 2024/2025 Academic Session.
Newly admitted and returning students are advised to pay all the fees required by the school before the deadline.
How Much is UNIJOS School Fees?
UNIJOS school fees vary depending on the program you are enrolled in. Some programs cost more than others. Your UNIJOS school fees range from 95,000 naira to 130,000 naira per session.
Revised School Charges: A Responsive Administration
The University Administration at the University of Jos, showing its unwavering commitment to carrying every stakeholder along, approved a significant reduction in the charges after a productive meeting with the University’s expanded Students Union Government Executives.
This meeting was imperative following the University’s earlier decision to revise its school charges structure, indicating its dedication to effectively addressing student representatives’ concerns.
Concessions and Decisions: A Detailed Overview
- Reduction in Main Charges: Returning students not enrolled in GST courses will now be required to pay ₦95,000.00, showing a reduction from the earlier ₦150,000.00. Those offering GST courses will pay ₦100,000.00.
- Adjustments for Fresh Students: Fresh students are now entitled to pay ₦130,000.00, a substantial decrement from the initial N180,000.00.
- Facility Usage Charges: The charges for Laboratory/Studio/Workshop are now ₦25,000.00 for students who exclusively use these facilities, marked down from ₦30,000.00.
- Support for Indigent Students: Two per cent (2%) of the amount payable by all students will be allocated for assisting indigent students, with one-half dedicated to scholarships and the other half for expanding the University’s Work-Study programme.
- Provisions for Spilled-Over Students: Students with one semester left to complete their studies must pay only 50% of the reviewed charges
Extended Deadline and Representative Inclusion
The administration has extended the deadline for the registration exercise by an additional two weeks, the new deadline now being the 8th of October, 2024.
The penalty for defaulting is a loss of studentship for the 2024/2025 Academic Session. Also, note that the lost session shall form part of the total duration allowed for the Programme.
However, a student with a genuine reason(s) to apply for Temporary Withdrawal from Studies for the session must follow the due process before the end of the First Semester of the session.
UNIJOS School Fees Schedule
Post revisions, the University Administration sincerely advises students, parents, and guardians to acknowledge the revised charges and adhere strictly to the new payment and registration guidelines. It’s imperative to note that the 1st Semester lectures for the 2024/2025 Academic Session are already underway.
Introduction of Instalment Payments
A flexible payment structure has been approved, allowing both returning and new students to pay in two instalments, depending on their usage of university facilities and the courses they offer.
- All returning students who do not utilise laboratory, studio, or workshop facilities and are not enrolled in GST courses must pay ₦95,000.00 as the first and ₦10,000.00 as the second instalment.
- Returning students not utilising laboratory, studio, or workshop facilities but enrolled in GST courses are mandated to pay ₦100,000.00 as the first instalment and ₦10,000.00 as the second instalment.
- Returning students without GST courses but utilising laboratory, studio, or workshop facilities must pay ₦95,000.00 as the first instalment and ₦35,000.00 as the second instalment.
- All returning students utilising laboratory, studio, or workshop facilities but enrolled in GST courses must pay ₦100,000.00 as the first instalment and ₦35,000.00 as the second instalment.
- New students not utilising laboratory, studio, or workshop facilities but enrolled in GST courses must pay ₦130,000.00 as the first instalment and ₦10,000.00 as the second instalment.
- New students who will be utilising laboratory, studio, or workshop facilities and are enrolled in GST courses are mandated to pay ₦130,000.00 as the first instalment and ₦35,000.00 as the second instalment.
Hostels Reopening and Ongoing Lectures
It is exciting news for students seeking accommodation on campus that the Naraguta, Zion, and Postgraduate hostels will reopen on the 22nd of September 2024. However, the Abuja and Village hostels will await minor repairs before they are reopened.
Two student leaders, including the SUG President and a nominee of the Hall Governors, will contribute to the Hostels Maintenance Committee, ensuring a balanced representation.
This revised school charges structure is a significant step by the University of Jos in showing its responsiveness and commitment to the welfare of its students. Students, parents, and guardians are urged to adhere to the newly instituted guidelines and leverage the extended registration deadline.
We hope this article clarifies how much UNIJOS school fees are, irrespective of the program you want to enrol in. We will be sure to update this article if there are any amendments by the school authority.
We wish you luck in your academic pursuit.
Frequently Asked Question
UNIJOS School Fees For Part-Time Students
The tuition fee for UNIJOS part-time students is between ₦70,000 and ₦320,000, depending on the course you want to study. If you are running a part-time postgraduate study, you might be paying up to ₦450,000. Again, this depends on the course of study.
How Much is UNIJOS Acceptance Fee?
The University of Jos (UNIJOS) charges ₦21,000 twenty.-one thousand Naira only for her acceptance fee. New intakes must pay their acceptance fees to be considered students.
How Much is UNIJOS Hostel Fee?
UNIJOS hostel fees accommodation fee is (₦21,000) twenty-one thousand Naira only for an academic session. Students who want to stay in the hostel accommodations made available by the school authorities would have to apply before time.