The program term for the B.Sc. (Honors) in Accounting is four years.
This article will help all Ajayi Crowther University aspirants (ACU) know their O’Level subjects and UTME Subjects combination to study Accounting. And it will also enable them to gain admission into the school without difficulty.
To avoid mistakes, all aspirants should read the subject combination for both O’Level and UTME carefully.
Requirements for Entry
Admission requirements for the University and Faculty of Social and Management Sciences must be met by students planning to major in accounting.
These students must have earned at least five credits in English Language, Mathematics, Economics, one social science topic, and any other subject in WASCE, GCE, or NECO in a single sitting or six credits in a maximum of two sittings.
For a Direct Entry
1. Passing the Foundation/Intermediate Examination of a Professional Accounting Body recognized by ICAN, ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CIPFA, CIAEW, etc.
2. NCE with Credit or Distinction in Accounting.
3. A minimum Upper Credit N.D. Certificate in Accounting or Accountancy
4. Candidates must have completed at least two G.C.E. “A” Level topics, at least one of which must be accounting.
5. A Final Scheme for the Certificate of Accounting Technician (ATS or AAT)
The graduate of an accounting program will have a solid scientific and professional foundation for preparing for a successful career in various fields.
Additionally, it creates a strong intellectual foundation for future advanced degrees (M.Sc., Ph.D., and becoming a Chartered Accountant, if desired).
The department gives equal weight to theoretical and practical approaches to achieve its goals.