In response to the recent announcement by JAMB, we wish to notify everyone that the registration process for the 2024 JAMB examination is officially underway.
The application form is accessible to candidates aspiring to participate in the 2024 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) within Nigeria and abroad.
Prospective applicants who meet the required qualifications are invited to submit their applications for admission to Nigerian higher education institutions for the academic year 2024/2025.
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has released a comprehensive schedule outlining crucial dates for the 2024 UTME. Below, we highlight some of the key dates.
- How to Score High in JAMB
- JAMB Prohibited Items in 2024
- JAMB Past Questions and Answers
- JAMB CBT Training
- Latest JAMB Brochure
- JAMB Syllabus
- How to Link eMail to JAMB Profile
- How to Upload O’Level Result to JAMB Portal
- Create JAMB Profile Code
- JAMB Form Price
- Reprint JAMB Slip
- JAMB Change of Course, Institution, and Data Correction
When Is JAMB 2024 Registration Starting/Ending?
The registration period for UTME candidates from abroad is from Saturday, 14th January 2024, to Tuesday, 14th February 2024.
UTME PIN sales will end on Tuesday, 14th February 2024, and registration will close on Wednesday, 22nd February 2024.
When Is the JAMB Examination Starting/Ending?
The JAMB examination for 2024 is to be held between Saturday, 29th April 2024, and Monday, 12th May 2024.
When Is JAMB Reprint Starting/Ending?
JAMB reprint for 2024/2025 is officially starting on 29th April 2024. The deadline is yet to be announced.
Registration Period For Direct Entry
Candidates must have a valid personal email address before beginning the process.
Applications for Direct Entry will open from Monday, 20th February 2024, through Thursday, 20th April 2024. The registration is done only at the Board’s national and zonal offices.
Candidates are strongly advised to verify the eligibility criteria for their chosen programs and institutions using the JAMB Course Eligibility Checker Portal.
Before initiating the application process, candidates must thoroughly review the specified requirements. The eligibility checker provides candidates options tailored to qualification-based programs (courses).
Items to Be Given to the Candidate After a Successful Jamb Registration
- Jamb Recommended Novel for English
- A CD loaded with the Jamb syllabus and an e-Brochure.
Direct Entry Requirement
Candidates with any of the following qualifications may be eligible for direct entry admission:
- A minimum of O’level credit pass in five (5) SSSC subjects at not more than two sittings with at least two prescribed subjects for each program (course of study) at the Principal or Advanced level.
- Two passes [in prescribed subjects for each (program) course of study] at the A’Level Examination awarded by IJMB, Cambridge, JUPEB, or Institute of Baccalaureate with three other credit passes in the SSCE.
- Credit passes in two major subjects in the NCE with three other credit passes in SSSC, NTC/NBC (mainly for Education /Technical programs).
- Minimum credit grade in University/National Diploma or National Innovation Diploma with the appropriate O’level requirements. All submitted Advanced Level Qualifications are to be verified by a special committee, and any fake result shall attract prosecution.
JAMB Registration Requirements
- NIN For Jamb Registration
- Personal Phone Number
- Valid Email Account
- Jamb Profile
- Jamb Subjects O’Level Result (remember this is Optional)
- Licensed CBT Centers
- UTME Study Guide
- Jamb Past Questions
Steps for 2024 JAMB Registration
- Unique Phone Number Requirement:
- Each candidate is required to use a distinct mobile phone number (SIM) for the registration process.
- Only one candidate is allowed to utilize a specific phone number for all transactions with the Board.
- This phone number will serve as the exclusive identifier for all interactions with the Board throughout the application process and subsequent transactions.
- National Identification Number (NIN) Submission:
- Candidates must send their National Identification Number (NIN) to either 55019 or 66019 using their GSM phone through SMS.
- The format should be “NIN [space] 11-digit NIN Number” (e.g., NIN 00123456789).
- Upon submission, candidates will receive a 10-character profile code on the same phone number.
- Returning candidates will receive the same profile code on their previous phone number.
- Consistency of Candidate’s Profile:
- The candidate’s profile, once created, will remain unchanged for all interactions and applications with the Board.
- Communication and Application Process:
- All communications related to the candidate’s 2024 or subsequent applications, examination, and admission will be conducted through the phone number linked to the candidate’s name.
- Application Paper Purchase and Submission:
- When purchasing the application paper, candidates should present the profile code obtained from Banks, MMOs, MFBs, Switches, and USSD Partners.
- Candidates will then text an e-PIN to their phone.
- Registration at JAMB-Accredited CBT Center:
- Candidates must register at any JAMB-accredited CBT Center using the profile code and e-PIN.
- Biometrics (all ten fingers) and a physical photo must be captured during registration. No passport photograph submission is required.
- The registration document can be printed using any of the candidate’s two fingers after successful biometrics and photo capture.
- Fingerprint Verification:
- Any subsequent interaction with JAMB regarding the candidate’s profile will be subject to fingerprint verification.
- UTME Test Eligibility:
- Only candidates with successful biometric verification on the test day will be permitted to take the UTME.
- No proxy, including parents, can alter a candidate’s profile.
- Biometric Challenges:
- Candidates experiencing biometric difficulties can only register at the JAMB headquarters in Abuja.
- Special Arrangements for National Exam Day:
- Candidates facing biometric challenges will take the test in Abuja on the final day of the national exam schedule.
JAMB e-PIN Selling point
The e-PIN Outlets include:
- NIPOST, Banks, MMOs, MFBs, and other participating financial institutions.
- Candidates can buy the e-pins from banks or vending agents through their e-wallets.
- Foreign candidates are to contact the Nigerian Embassy for guidance on applying in any of the following centers: Abidjan, Accra, Addis Ababa, Beau, Cotonou, Jeddah, Johannesburg, London, or Berlin.
JAMB Registration Centers
- Registration is conducted only at approved computer-based Test centers (CBT) and professional registration centers (PRC).
- Each applicant should go to any accredited CBT center (a list of certified centers may be found on the Board’s website and JAMB offices with their profile code and e-PIN.
- For applicants with advanced computer skills, self-service options are available at some approved JAMB state offices.
JAMB Registration Process at CBT Centers
- Personal Submission at Certified CBT Centers:
- Applicants are required to submit the e-PIN for validation personally and to complete the JAMB registration process at any certified CBT Center.
- Automatic Display of Candidate’s Name:
- As the CBT center enters the e-PIN, the candidate’s name, entered during the profile registration on their phone, appears automatically.
- Preparation Using JAMB Registration Form Template:
- Before visiting the nearest JAMB registration location, candidates are advised to utilize the JAMB Registration Form template to compile all necessary information.
- Cost Breakdown:
- For the UTME (Examination) cost of N2000, in addition to the registration in CBT centers (including mock), the Board requires a service fee of N700.
- No additional fees are to be paid at the CBT location, as the N1000 (without mock) is included in the registration price.
- Candidates are encouraged to ensure they have gathered all required information using the provided template before heading to the JAMB registration location. This proactive measure facilitates a smooth and efficient registration process.
Jamb Registration Process for Physically Challenged Candidates
- Declaration of Blindness:
- Candidates who are visually impaired must accurately declare their status by selecting “blind” during the registration process.
- Test Format Options:
- Upon declaring blindness, candidates can choose the most suitable test format: Braille, Braille on tape, or Braille on voice.
- Factual Representation:
- Candidates must provide factual information regarding their visual status. Accuracy in this regard is crucial to ensure appropriate accommodations.
- Test Venue Selection:
- Once a candidate declares blindness during registration, a dropdown option will appear, allowing them to choose the most convenient test venue.
- Designated Towns for Blind Candidates:
- Candidates who are blind have the following towns available for test-taking:
- Abuja, Federal Capital Territory
- Bauchi, Bauchi State
- Benin, Edo State
- Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Yola, Adamawa State
- Candidates who are blind have the following towns available for test-taking:
- Factual representation of visual status is crucial for the provision of appropriate accommodations. Blind candidates are encouraged to choose the most suitable test format and venue for their convenience during the registration process.
To distinguish them and provide them special attention in the exam room, a specific indication has been developed for the deaf and the mute. Deaf candidates must correctly affirm this upon registration.
- Biometrically challenged candidates can only register at the JAMB headquarters in Abuja.
- Such applicants may not be registered at any other CBT center.
- Additionally, they will take their test at the JAMB headquarters in Abuja.
- If candidates’ biometrics are not validated, they will not be permitted to enter the exam room or take the test.
- Without biometric authentication, the system will not allow for or process any examination.
- Candidates with biometric abnormalities are only permitted to register and sit for exams at the Board’s Abuja headquarters. The travel will be made more accessible by the Board.
- The final day of the national exam schedule would see candidates with biometric problems take the test in Abuja.
JAMB Dates and Venue for the 2024 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination
The 2024 CBT test will start on Saturday, April 29, 2024, and end on Friday, May 12, 2024, whereas the examinations at all nine international centers’ are slated to be held on Monday, May 30, 2024.
Candidates studying for the exam should start using our JAMB CBT practice program to practice JAMB Past questions.
Any center in the candidate’s selected examination town will be the test’s location.
The examination town (or group of cities) the candidate selects at the time of registration is the only one to which JAMB posts a candidate.
However, candidates are recommended to register as soon as possible before the available spots in their preferred town or set of cities are filled.
No examination town with a small number of centers is authorized due to a detected collusion among some CBT Centers.
Numerous towns have merged. It’s essential to remember that choosing a group of cities implies that you could be assigned to any of them.
JAMB Registration Fee | Procurement of Registration e-PINS
Candidates must pay either.
- A total of Five Thousand Seven Hundred Naira (N5,700) Naira for the UTME in 2024 if they choose not to participate in the optional mock exam
- A total of Six Thousand Seven Hundred Naira (N6,700) if they do.
Either has included all fees, including the CBT center’s N2,000/N1,000 price for the UTME.
For candidates from the nine overseas centers, a $20 application fee is required.
Candidates should know that any acquired e-PINS are linked to specific profiles and cannot be shared.
Candidates are urged to keep their security information, such as registration numbers, passwords, ATM card numbers, email addresses, and e-PINs, private and confidential. A candidate’s password cannot be requested or accepted by any center.
Freebies include a CD that contains the JAMB e-Syllabus, e-Brochure, and other essential materials.
Registration for JAMB 2024/2025 will only be accepted online. Candidates are urged to follow established procedures when completing online registration to achieve a successful registration.
We hope this article was helpful to all JAMB aspirants and candidates. Please let us know in the comments section if you have any questions or need more clarification about the 2024 JAMB Registration.
We wish you Success in your Exams.