If you want to participate in the ongoing JAMB registration, you should get your JAMB profile code because it is vital for jamb registration.
There are many ways to create a JAMB profile code. The different methods of getting JAMB profile code are easy and less complicated.
If you are planning on taking the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) in Nigeria, you first need to create a profile on the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) E-facility portal.
With a JAMB profile, you can access the portal and register for the UTME. But don’t worry. Creating a profile is a simple process.
This article will guide you on creating a JAMB profile and getting a profile code.
How To Create JAMB Profile Online
To create a JAMB profile online, follow these steps:
- Visit the JAMB official website at www.jamb.gov.ng
- Click on the “Create Profile” button on the homepage.
- Enter your details, including your name, email address, and mobile number.
- Create a username and password for your profile.
- Upload a passport photograph in the required format.
- Accept the terms and conditions and click on the “Submit” button.
- You will receive a confirmation email and SMS with your JAMB profile number.
- Use your profile number and password to log in to your JAMB profile.
Note: Before creating a JAMB profile, you must have a functional email address and a valid phone number.
After successful creation, you will have to check your email for JAMB verification mail and verify accordingly.
- How to Score High in JAMB
- JAMB Prohibited Items 2024
- JAMB Past Questions and Answers
- Latest JAMB Brochure
- JAMB CBT Training
- JAMB Registration Guideline
- JAMB Syllabus
- How to Link eMail to JAMB Profile
- How to Upload O’Level Result to JAMB Portal
- JAMB Form Price
- Reprint JAMB Slip
- JAMB Change of Course, Institution, and Data Correction
How To Create a JAMB profile using a cell phone via SMS
Creating a JAMB profile using a cell phone via SMS is simple. Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to your phone’s messaging app and compose a new message.
- In the recipient field, enter the JAMB shortcode “55019”.
- In the message field, type “REG” and then your full name. For example, “REG John Doe.”
- Send the message.
- You will receive a message containing a unique registration number and a password.
- To complete your registration, send a new message to the JAMB shortcode with the following information: “REG your unique registration number, your password, your email address, your phone number.”
- You will receive confirmation that your JAMB profile has been created successfully.
Note: You will be charged N50.
To complete your JAMB registration, you need to visit CBT centers or Accredited centers to complete your registration. You can also do your biometrics and print your slip.
How to Get JAMB Profile Code Through Email
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has made it possible for JAMB candidates to send their JAMB profile code to their email, this feature is also valid for 2023 Students.
With this improvement, you may now quickly access the Mail you received when you registered for JAMB to check your JAMB profile code if it is misplaced. You won’t pay anything for this procedure.
- Log into the email account you used to register for JAMB on your mail app or to use your device browser.
- Click on the search Icon and type “JAMB eMail Address Confirmation. “
- Click on the mail in the search to find your Profile code there.
How to Self-Help in Case of Mistake / Loss:
Here are the steps to self-help in case of a mistake or loss:
- To correct a mistake in the candidate’s name, resend a text message “CORRECT Surname First name Middle name” from the registered number to 55019.
- To restore a lost confirmation code, resend a text message “RESEND” from the registered number to 55019.
- When creating a profile, use a Chrome browser and a good smartphone or computer system.
- Log in to your profile and verify everything is correct before getting the ePIN.
- If there are errors, use the provided guide to change them.
- Use the same email address to create the profile to get the ePIN.
Requirements for Creating JAMB Profile
- Functional Email Address
- Personal Details
- Educational History
What Is JAMB Profile Code?
The JAMB profile code is a ten-digit number you should have before starting your JAMB registration. This code cannot be framed by someone but sent from JAMB to prospective candidates.
The JAMB profile code is an essential tool for JAMB registration. You can only register for JAMB if you have the profile code. It is the first step to take in JAMB registration.
Steps On How To Get JAMB Profile Code
JAMB has created easy methods to get your profile code. You can effortlessly get your code without the internet, visiting any cafe, or paying someone.
These steps will help you get the JAMB profile code without stress. We will cover these three (3) methods: SMS, USSD code, and online via your email.
Get Your JAMB Profile Code Via SMS
JAMB has created a method where you can get your profile code via SMS, which is the easiest way of getting a JAMB profile code. It costs about 50 Naira only. Check out these steps on how to get your profile code via sms.
- Go to text message on your mobile phone
- Type your 11-digit NIN
- Then send it to 55019 or 66019. You will receive a 10-digit profile code.
Get Your JAMB Profile Code Via USSD Code
You can get your jamb profile code by dialing *55019*1*NIN# (insert your 11-digit NIN) or dial *66019*1*NIN# (insert your 11-digit NIN).
Get Your JAMB Profile Code Online
- Visit Jamb Website
- Click on “register UTME.”
- Create an account
- Type in your email address, phone number, and other details
- You will receive a confirmation code in your email
- Sign in by entering your name and additional information; you’ll be asked, then log in.
Note that your jamb profile code will be used to register with the CBT, and you can find it in the first email from JAMB.
How To Retrieve Lost JAMB Profile Code
It is possible to lose your JAMB profile code. If you lost your JAMB profile code, you could retrieve your JAMB profile code via email, sms, or check your JAMB profile for the code.
How To Retrieve Lost JAMB Profile Code Via Email
Retrieve your profile code by doing these;
- Login to the email you used for registering JAMB.
- Type “email address confirmation” on the search icon.
- Click on the mail on the search icon, and you will get your profile code.
How To Retrieve Lost JAMB Profile Code Via Phone SMS
To retrieve your email via sms will cost you only 50 Naira. To recover, type RESEND on your text message app and send it to 55019. You will receive a text message bearing your jamb profile code.
How To Retrieve Lost JAMB Profile Code Via Jamb Profile
If you cannot access your email and you no longer use the same number you used to register jamb, you could retrieve your confirmation code by checking your JAMB student portal by doing the following.
- Login to the JAMB e-facility student login portal
- Type in your correct email address and password
- It will take you to a dashboard with your name and registration profile code.
Can I Get JAMB Profile Code Without NIN?
Currently, NIN is an essential requirement for processing jamb, and for any step you need, your NIN is needed; therefore, you must get your jamb profile code with your NIN.
If you have your NIN, follow the procedures listed above to get your jamb profile code and go ahead with the registration.
What is the Use of JAMB Profile Code?
The Jamb profile code is used for registering students who want to sit for jamb. It will be submitted to the jamb CBT center, where the registration will be carried out. This code will link you to your jamb caps account.
What Can I Do If I Lose My Profile Code?
We have given the steps to retrieve your jamb profile code if you misplace it. Try out the methods, and you will be sure to retrieve your Jamb profile code.
Creating a JAMB profile is a simple process that can be completed in a few minutes. We put this article together to inform you about everything you need to know about JAMB profile code, different ways to get the code, including what to do if you lose the code.
Once your profile is created, and you have your profile code, you can register for the UTME and access important information related to the examination.