This is to inform the general public and all prospective University of Abuja (UNIABUJA) students that the Department of Computer Science Admission requirements has been published.
The admission requirements include O’level Subject combinations, JAMB UTME Subject combinations, and School and Departmental Cut-Off Marks.
O’Level Subject Combination
The O’level subject combination and requirements needed to study Computer Science include the following:
- Five (5) SSCE credit passes to include English Language, Mathematics, and Physics, plus two other science subjects
JAMB UTME Subject Combination
Candidates will write the following Four (4) Subjects in JAMB
- English Language
- Physics and any one subject from below:
- Agricultural Science
Direct Entry Requirement
These are the conditions you need to fulfill to gain Direct Entry admission to study Computer Science if you don’t intend to use UTME. You require;
- Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in science subjects, including Mathematics
- NCE merit in Mathematics and one (1) other Science or Social Science subject
Special Consideration (Waiver) Remarks
- UNIABUJA accepts two A-level credit passes in Physics and any one of Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, or Statistics in that order OR NCE (minimum 10 points) with Credit Passes in Physics and another Science subject OR ND(upper credit) in the relevant area.
All candidates interested in getting admitted into UNIABUJA for the 2024/2025 session should know that to be eligible for the screening, you must have scored 180 or above in your JAMB result.
The University of Abuja (UNIABUJA), a dual-mode institution with the authority to administer conventional and distance learning academic programs, was founded on January 1st, 1988.
At its inception, it was the first university in the country to take on such a dual mandate. The Vision of the University is to develop an institution of higher learning that combines academic excellence with the pursuit of the unity of Nigeria.
We hope this article clarifies the admission requirements for UNIABUJA’s Department of Computer Science. RealMina wishes all students who wish to attend UNIABUJA good luck.