This is to inform the general public and all University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) aspirants that the Department of Creative Arts admission requirements have been published.
The admission requirements include O’level Subject combinations, JAMB UTME Subject combinations, and School and Departmental Cut-Off Marks.
O’Level Subject Combination
The O’level subject combination and requirements needed to study Creative Arts include the following:
- Five (5) SSCE credit passes to include English Language and Fine Arts.
- For holders of NTC, the relevant subjects could be General Woodwork, Building/Engineering Drawing, Introduction to Building Construction, Decorative Painting; SprayPainting, Lining, Sign and Design; Wall hanging, Colour Mixing/Matching and Glazing; Printing Origination; Machine Printing and Finishing; General Metal Work, Basic Electricity, Spinning, Weaving, Surface Design and Printing; Bleaching, Dyeing, and Finishing; Graphic Design; Graphic Printing and Ceramics.
JAMB UTME Subject Combination
Candidates will write the following Four (4) Subjects in JAMB
- English Language
- Fine Arts and two (2) other Arts subjects or Social Science subjects.
Direct Entry Requirement
These are the conditions you need to fulfil to gain Direct Entry admission to study Creative Arts if you don’t intend to use UTME. You require;
- Two (2) ‘A’ level passes in Arts or Fine Arts and any other subject.
- ND, upper credit HND, lower credit from recognized institutions.
All candidates interested in getting admitted into the University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) for the 2024/2025 session should know that to be eligible for the screening, you must have scored 150 or above in your JAMB result.
Founded in 1975, the University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) is a second-generation Federal University with over 50,000 students in Nigeria’s Niger Delta region.
UNIPORT, formerly known as University College, Port Harcourt, was named one of the top ten universities in Africa and the first in Nigeria by Times Higher Education (THE), a UK-based source of higher education information.
The University has been recognized as one of the best institutions in Nigeria for studying business ethics and developing indigenous entrepreneurship.
We hope this article clarifies the requirements for admission to UNIPORT’s Department of Creative Arts. To all students wishing to school at UNIPORT, RealMina says success to you all.