A B.Sc. (Hons) degree in computer science is a four-year program for candidates in the UTME and a three-year program for direct entrance candidates that gives the graduate a wide scientific education in preparation for a successful career in several occupations.
This article will help all Ajayi Crowther University aspirants know their O’Level and UTME subjects to study Computer Science ITC. And it will also enable them to gain admission into the school without difficulty.
All aspirants should carefully read the subject combination for both O’Level and UTME to avoid mistakes.
Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME)
- Credits at SSCE, GCE, NECO, or approved equivalent in at least 5 subjects, including English Language and Mathematics and any other three subjects as specified by the Faculty.
- The 5 Credits should be obtained in not more than one sitting or 6 credits in not more than two sitting.
Ordinary Level Subjects
The five ordinary-level subjects must include English Language, Mathematics, Physics, and two other Science subjects.
English Language, Mathematics, Physics, and any other science subject.
In addition to satisfying the required five (5) O’ level credits in relevant subjects, any one of the following will be accepted:
- Any two ICT certification papers (For a list of ICT certification papers, the candidate is to consult the department)
- ND or approved equivalent in the relevant subjects at an acceptable credit level with five (5) O’level results.
- G.C.E. Advanced Level in two relevant subjects, including but not limited to Mathematics, Physics, and Computer Studies.
The department gives both theoretical and practical work in the labs and during the Students Industrial Work Experience Scheme enough attention. Students work on independent projects in their specialty areas at the 400 level.
To all Students wishing to major in Computer Science, we at RealMina wish you a successful academic journey at Ajayi Crowther University (ACU).