TikTok is arguably the most popular social media platform on the internet in 2024.
The video-sharing app has undergone a meteoric rise to the top of the internet’s most addictive apps, boasting over one billion users, with around 43.7 per cent of TikTok users between the ages of 18 to 24.
In this post, we will show you how to delete a TikTok video from your page and also how to delete the video you’re currently recording, the one you’ve already posted, and the one you’ve saved as a draft.
If you use TikTok and like to share videos with your friends, there might be occasions when one of those videos doesn’t slap as well as you had hoped.
Or perhaps you recorded a video and saved it as a draft before deciding to delete it rather than finish or edit it.
No matter where that video is on TikTok, you can delete it with just a few clicks!
How to Delete a TikTok Video You Have Just Recorded
After you record a video on TikTok, you must complete a few additional steps before sharing it.
These steps enable you to include media such as sound, effects, or text, as well as hashtags, mentions, and a description.
Because of these steps, you have the option of exiting the video and starting over or not capturing one at all.
Just After Recording
You could record a video sometimes and realize you’ve got to stop. To stop the recording and discard the video, do the following:
- Tap the checkmark on the bottom right.
- Instead of tapping on Next, tap the backward arrow on the top left to go back.
- Then you tap the X on the top left.
- You’ll be asked if you’ll want to Start Over or Discard what you’ve recorded.
If you recorded a quick video, it is understandable if you run out of time to hit the checkmark above. Don’t worry; you just have to follow these steps:
- Once you see your video preview on the editing screen, just tap the arrow on the top left corner to go back.
- After you have done that, tap on the X.
- Now you can choose between starting over and deleting your video.
How to Delete a TikTok Video After Editing
Say you are done editing, and then you decide to delete the video. It’s the same as above.
- Tap on the arrow on the top left to go back
- Tap on the arrow again on the editing screen.
- Hit the X.
- Choose between Starting Over or Discarding
How to Delete a TikTok Video You Have Posted
Say you already posted a video on TikTok that you would like to delete. This process is pretty quick and simple.
On the TikTok App
- Click the Me tab at the bottom to go to your profile.
- Choose the video you want to remove.
- Tap on the More button, which is three dots on the lower right side.
- In the third row, just above Cancel, scroll to the right and then tap Delete.
- Confirm by tapping Confirm.
How To Delete On The TikTok Website
You could also delete a video posted via the TikTok website. Visit TikTok, then sign in, and follow these steps.
- Tap on your profile icon in the top right corner and click View profile.
- Choose the video you want to remove.
- Click the More button (it is the three dots you see) on the top right and choose Delete.
- Confirm by clicking Delete
How to Delete a Saved TikTok Video
If you have a video saved in your draft that you decide isn’t post-worthy, you can remove it from your account. You can also delete more than just one video draft concurrently.
How to Delete Just One Video in Your Drafts
- Tap the Me icon tab at the bottom to go to your profile.
- Choose Drafts.
- Swipe from right to left on the video you’d like to remove and tap Delete.
- Confirm by tapping on Discard.
Delete More Than One Draft
- Tap the Me tab at the bottom to go to your profile.
- Select Drafts.
- Tap Select on the top right.
- Mark the circles for the videos you want to remove.
- Tap Delete (X) at the bottom.
- Confirm this action by tapping Discard.
There you go! I hope this tutorial on how to delete a TikTok video was helpful. Kindly share with your friends and drop a comment if it is useful.