This is to inform the general public that the management of the University Of Nigeria (UNN), Nsukka, has published the admission requirements for her Department of Education Arts admission aspirants.
The admission requirements include O’level Subject combinations, JAMB UTME Subject combinations, and School and Departmental Cut-Off Marks.
The University of Nigeria was the first indigenous university in Nigeria to attain full-fledged and autonomous status. It was modelled after the American educational system. It is the first land-grant university in Africa and one of Nigeria’s five most reputed universities.
The University has 102 academic departments in 15 Faculties and offers 82 undergraduate and 211 postgraduate programs.
O’Level Subject Combination
The O’level subject combination and requirements needed to study Education Arts; You require;
Five SSCE credits in relevant subjects, including English Language, Mathematics, and the subject of specialization.
Special Consideration (Waiver) Remarks
- UNN requires five (5)’O’ Level credit passes in subjects to be combined with Education. A credit (or its equivalent) in the English Language at the ‘O’ Level is compulsory.
- For Education/English, an ‘O’ Level credit pass in Literature in English is compulsory.
- For Education/French, a credit pass in French is compulsory, while for Education/Igbo Linguistics, Igbo is compulsory.
- For Education/History, a credit pass in Government or History is compulsory.
- Candidates for Education/Creative Arts, Education Music, and Education Fine and Applied Arts must possess credit passes in Creative Art, Music, or Fine and Applied Arts, respectively.
JAMB Subject Combination
In UTME, please note that the English Language is Compulsory for this course. Therefore, the three (3) other JAMB UTME subject combinations needed to study Education Arts under the Faculty of Education in the above Universities include;
The subject of specialization and any two Arts subjects.
Direct Entry Requirement
These are the conditions you need to fulfil to gain Direct Entry admission to study Education Arts if you don’t intend to use UTME.
Two ‘A’ level passes in relevant subject/NCE at merit level.
All candidates interested in getting admitted into NDA for the 2024/2025 session should know that to be eligible for the screening, you must have scored a minimum of 200 or above in your JAMB result.
We hope this article is helpful to all aspirants and students of the University of Nigeria Nsukka. (UNN) We will update this post if there are any changes by the school authority.
We wish you the best of luck.